* Re: [Caml-list] Compile cameleon on debian
@ 2002-10-09  9:32 Yang Shouxun
From: Yang Shouxun @ 2002-10-09  9:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Jérôme Marant wrote:
 > En réponse à Sven LUTHER <luther@dpt-info.u-strasbg.fr>:
 >

 >>You are aware that Jerome Marant and Stefano Zachiro are packaging
 >>cameleon for debian. Read the thread started on :

Yes, I was aware of that, only it's quite some now so that I attempted
to compile it myself.

 > In order to compile Cameleon, you need the _compiled_ OCaml sources :

I thought it's enough to have the ocaml-source installed. :(

I have ocaml-3.0.6 unzipped at ../ocaml-3.0.6. So I cd to that
directory, "./configure" and "make world opt". Then I switch back to
cameleon-1.1, which is cleanly gunzipped, and do the following:
./configure --includedir ../ocaml-3.0.6
make depend
make
I get all the same errors. :(

I still don't know what I've done wrong.

 > FYI, The debian packages are ready and being tested at the momemt.
 > They're going to be release RSN.

Even if I can compile cameleon myself, I prefer to the debian packages.
That would be great! Thanks.

shouxun

* Re: [Caml-list] Compile cameleon on debian
@ 2002-10-09 11:16 ` Dimitri Ara
From: Dimitri Ara @ 2002-10-09 11:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yang Shouxun; +Cc: caml-list

Yang Shouxun <yangsx@fltrp.com> a écrit :

> I have ocaml-3.0.6 unzipped at ../ocaml-3.0.6. So I cd to that
> directory, "./configure" and "make world opt". Then I switch back to
> cameleon-1.1, which is cleanly gunzipped, and do the following:
> ./configure --includedir ../ocaml-3.0.6
> make depend
> make
> I get all the same errors. :(

The includedir path must be absolute (~/ocaml-3.0.6 for example).

--
Dimitri

* Re: [Caml-list] Compile cameleon on debian
@ 2002-10-09  8:14           ` Jérôme Marant
From: Jérôme Marant @ 2002-10-09  8:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yang Shouxun, caml-list

http://lists.debian.org/debian-ocaml-maint/2002/debian-ocaml-maint-200209/msg00138.html

> To see more details about the state of it.

Yang,

In order to compile Cameleon, you need the _compiled_ OCaml sources :
cameleon requires some files that are not installed in the OCaml
distribution.
So, grab the ocaml sources, compile them (make world opt) and
then set properly the path to these OCaml sources to the
Cameleon configure script.

FYI, The debian packages are ready and being tested at the momemt.
They're going to be release RSN.

Cheers,

--
Jérôme Marant <jerome@marant.org>
              <jerome.marant@free.fr>

http://marant.org

* Re: [Caml-list] Compile cameleon on debian
@ 2002-10-09  6:41         ` Sven LUTHER
From: Sven LUTHER @ 2002-10-09  6:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yang Shouxun; +Cc: caml-list

On Tue, Oct 08, 2002 at 07:51:19PM +0800, Yang Shouxun wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there anybody successfully compiling Cameleon 1.1 on Debian?
>
> I'm using Debian unstable and have installed almost all the latest ocaml
> related packages.

You are aware that Jerome Marant and Stefano Zachiro are packaging
cameleon for debian. Read the thread started on :

http://lists.debian.org/debian-ocaml-maint/2002/debian-ocaml-maint-200209/msg00138.html

To see more details about the state of it.

> I followed the instructions in the INSTALL file, with "./configure
> --include-dir /usr/lib/ocaml". It complained that "pa_zog.cma" not in
> the search path. I cd to zoggy subdirectory and "make pa_zog.cma" to
> resolve the problem. Other errors I don't know how to fix easily. They
> include "Unbound value C.string" in "omom_gui_variables.ml", "Unbound
> module Cam_plug" when compile "utils.ml".
>
> That's the same with the snapshot version.

Friendly,

Sven Luther

* [Caml-list] Compile cameleon on debian
@ 2002-10-08 11:51       ` Yang Shouxun
From: Yang Shouxun @ 2002-10-08 11:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hi,

Is there anybody successfully compiling Cameleon 1.1 on Debian?

I'm using Debian unstable and have installed almost all the latest ocaml
related packages.

I followed the instructions in the INSTALL file, with "./configure
--include-dir /usr/lib/ocaml". It complained that "pa_zog.cma" not in
the search path. I cd to zoggy subdirectory and "make pa_zog.cma" to
resolve the problem. Other errors I don't know how to fix easily. They
include "Unbound value C.string" in "omom_gui_variables.ml", "Unbound
module Cam_plug" when compile "utils.ml".

That's the same with the snapshot version.

Any comments are welcome!