* [Caml-list] using batteries syntax extensions
@ 2012-10-16  4:19 Ivan Gotovchits
From: Ivan Gotovchits @ 2012-10-16  4:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hello,

I'm trying to enable syntax extensions, provided by the Batteries. I've
downloaded ``ocamlfind enabled'' myocamlbuild.ml and added the following
to my _tags file:

  <*> : pkg_batteries.syntax,syntax_camlp4o,use_batteries,...

And, when I've tried for a new syntax

  let n = 2 * m where m = 2

compiler complained:

  ocamlfind ocamlc -c -package batteries.syntax -package oUnit -package
  threads -package uuidm -syntax camlp4o -thread -package batteries
  -syntax camlp4o -I +gsl -I +res -o mack.cmo mack.ml

  File "mack.ml", line 11, characters 12-13:
  Error: Unbound value m

What am I doing wrong?

System:    Debian Squeeze 6.0.5
Ocaml:     3.11.2-2
Batteries: 1.2.2-1

Thank in advance, for any help.

P.S. I cannot upgrade to a more recent versions, due to certification issues...

--
         (__)
         (oo)

* Re: [Caml-list] using batteries syntax extensions
@ 2012-10-16 12:43 ` Edgar Friendly
From: Edgar Friendly @ 2012-10-16 12:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

On 10/16/2012 12:19 AM, Ivan Gotovchits wrote:
>    let n = 2 * m where m = 2
>
> Batteries: 1.2.2-1
Batteries <1.0 had a 'pa_where' syntax extension that implemented this
syntax; it was dropped to reduce the complexity of batteries. Only
pa_estring and pa_comprehension are still a part of batteries. (And
they're quite optional.)

E.

* Re: [Caml-list] using batteries syntax extensions
@ 2012-10-17  3:29   ` Ivan Gotovchits
From: Ivan Gotovchits @ 2012-10-17  3:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edgar Friendly; +Cc: caml-list

Edgar Friendly <thelema314@gmail.com> writes:

> ... Only pa_estring and pa_comprehension are still a part of
> batteries. (And they're quite optional.)
>
> E.

Thanks, indeed I was looking for pa_openin extension and used pa_where
only as a simple indicator. What about pa_openin? It is really
usefull for those who're stucked with old ocaml.

BTW, pa_estring and pa_string is the same? In my system batteries's META
file refers to the later, and no mention of the former.

--
         (__)
         (oo)