* [Caml-list] [ANNOUNCE] llpp v23
@ 2016-11-21 15:49 moosotc
       [not found] ` <CAOvwQ4j4S=6quTF0dmA=J_-4Jpx+f1bMnBRGFx3VW24=XTD9TA@mail.gmail.com>
From: moosotc @ 2016-11-21 15:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hello,

New version of llpp (tagged v23) is now available at:
* http://repo.or.cz/w/llpp.git (has "tutorial" videos)
* https://github.com/moosotc/llpp/ (has a bugtracker)

Blurb

llpp is a graphical PDF viewer, which aims to superficially resemble
less(1)

Changes

* additional remote commands
* user supplied CSS for HTML/EPUB
* horizontal preloading
* optional EGL support
* dictionary lookup
  http://repo.or.cz/llpp.git/commit/29916e0cadcdf0ee3136fc3b4655b3c8b0d01a7b
* scripts/styles to comfortably convert/read wikipedia material
* zooming improvements (pivot zoom etc)
* 4.04.0 `-warn-error +a' fix (Tuncer Ayaz)
* bugfixes
* work on energy consumption reduction
* synced with mupdf 1.10 that boasts:
    BMP, SVG, GIF, FB2 suport
    internal links in HTML/EPUB
    more - http://git.ghostscript.com/?p=mupdf.git;a=blob;f=CHANGES;hb=1.10

macOS

Nicolás Ojeda Bär made llpp run on macOS "natively" (i.e. using cocoa)
https://github.com/nojb/llpp

The port is mostly functional, but:

a) there are some rough edges
b) few things probably do not quite work the way macOS aficionados
   expect them to
c) it lags a bit behind llpp's master

Don't let the above discourage you though.

Big thanks to Nicolás for coding, Nils Becker and Денис "сами Мы из
Нижнего[1] и у Нас три высшего" Барахтанов for testing, suggestions
and constructive critique.

Summary v22..v23
     1	Guillaume Hennequin
     1	Nicolas Ojeda Bar
     4	Tuncer Ayaz
   226	malc

Diffstat v22..v23
 .dir-locals.el           |    2 +-
 .gitignore               |    5 +-
 BUILDING                 |   10 +-
 KEYS                     |    9 +-
 Build.hs => Shakefile.hs |  103 ++--
 Thanks                   |    3 +
 build.sh                 |    4 +-
 config.ml                |  291 ++++++-----
 fixme                    |    1 -
 glfont.c                 |    2 +-
 lablGL/glArray.ml        |    3 -
 lablGL/glDraw.ml         |    2 +-
 lablGL/glMat.ml          |    2 +-
 lablGL/glMisc.ml         |    2 +-
 lablGL/glTex.ml          |    4 +-
 lablGL/raw.ml            |    2 +-
 link.c                   | 1199 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++-------------------
 main.ml                  | 1195 +++++++++++++++++++++++++--------------------
 misc/build.sh            |    8 -
 misc/completions/llpp.in |   11 +
 misc/cutrel              |    8 +
 misc/dicx                |   19 +
 misc/dllpp               |   16 +
 misc/epub.css            |    1 +
 misc/gc.awk              |   23 +
 misc/gc.py               |   23 -
 misc/keys.txt            |    2 +
 misc/llppac              |    7 +-
 misc/prince.css          |    1 +
 misc/wikipedia/wiki2.css |  275 +++++++++++
 misc/wikipedia/wpget     |   16 +
 parser.ml                |   14 +-
 pp.sed                   |    9 +-
 todo.org                 |   23 +
 utils.ml                 |   36 +-
 wsi.ml                   |   18 +-
 wsi.mli                  |    3 +

[1] "Мёльбурна" (sic) надо полагать

--
mailto:moosotc@gmail.com

* Re: [Caml-list] [ANNOUNCE] llpp v23
       [not found] ` <CAOvwQ4j4S=6quTF0dmA=J_-4Jpx+f1bMnBRGFx3VW24=XTD9TA@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2016-11-22  4:22   ` moosotc
From: moosotc @ 2016-11-22  4:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tuncer Ayaz; +Cc: caml-list

Tuncer Ayaz <tuncer.ayaz@gmail.com> writes:

> On 21 November 2016 at 16:49, <moosotc@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> New version of llpp (tagged v23) is now available at:
>> * http://repo.or.cz/w/llpp.git (has "tutorial" videos)
>> * https://github.com/moosotc/llpp/ (has a bugtracker)
>
> [...]
>
>> Diffstat v22..v23
>>  .dir-locals.el           |    2 +-
>>  .gitignore               |    5 +-
>>  BUILDING                 |   10 +-
>>  KEYS                     |    9 +-
>>  Build.hs => Shakefile.hs |  103 ++--
>
> I like and use Shake myself, but I wish we could use Jenga instead of
> Shake in order to limit the needed toolchains at build time. However,
> it seems that for the moment macOS and Windows support would be
> problematic if we relied on Jenga, if I remember moosotc's explanation
> correctly. I don't have access to Windows or macOS, so the only
> problem I know is that polling mode isn't implemented on macOS, which
> is only important for regular developers of llpp and if they're primarily
> working on macOS.
>
> You can of course argue that having to install opam and jenga before
> building llpp isn't more reliable or less complex than shake (the
> Haskell library and executable), but from experience I'd say it's at
> most an equally big requirement with similar potential for build
> errors trying to install it.
>
> I'm just mentioning it in this content and forum to try and see if the
> situation has improved or what it would take. Nothing wrong with shake,
> it just would be nice to use an existing OCaml equivalent.

It would indeed, but all my objections to jenga still stand :(

--

@ 2016-11-22  6:57   ` moosotc
From: moosotc @ 2016-11-22  6:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tuncer Ayaz; +Cc: caml-list

Tuncer Ayaz <tuncer.ayaz@gmail.com> writes:

> On 21 November 2016 at 16:49, <moosotc@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> New version of llpp (tagged v23) is now available at:
>> * http://repo.or.cz/w/llpp.git (has "tutorial" videos)
>> * https://github.com/moosotc/llpp/ (has a bugtracker)
>
> [...]
>
>> Diffstat v22..v23
>>  .dir-locals.el           |    2 +-
>>  .gitignore               |    5 +-
>>  BUILDING                 |   10 +-
>>  KEYS                     |    9 +-
>>  Build.hs => Shakefile.hs |  103 ++--
>
> I like and use Shake myself, but I wish we could use Jenga instead of
> Shake in order to limit the needed toolchains at build time. However,
> it seems that for the moment macOS and Windows support would be
> problematic if we relied on Jenga, if I remember moosotc's explanation
> correctly. I don't have access to Windows or macOS, so the only
> problem I know is that polling mode isn't implemented on macOS, which
> is only important for regular developers of llpp and if they're primarily
> working on macOS.

Argh... This double build system bites again (I don't
use/test-well-enough the non-shake one) strikes again, fixed now in:

http://repo.or.cz/llpp.git/commitdiff/26f6396e0bfe5455fcac57e596a1dfd42b09c4e8

--
mailto:moosotc@gmail.com