* [Caml-list] Class Events
@ 2002-01-15 18:37 Warp
From: Warp @ 2002-01-15 18:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: OCaml

Hello, i'm trying to have my class having some event callback like this :

class wmenuitem (fcallback:wmenuitem->unit) =
  object(self)
 val func = fcallback
 method activate = (func self)
  end

but I'm having :

This expression has type < activate : 'a; .. > but is here used with type
  wmenuitem = < .. >
Self type cannot escape its class

Is it really true that self cannot be a parameter ?
Any help ?
Thanks

Warp

* Re: [Caml-list] Class Events
@ 2002-01-15 18:56 ` Remi VANICAT
From: Remi VANICAT @ 2002-01-15 18:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

"Warp" <warplayer@free.fr> writes:

> Hello, i'm trying to have my class having some event callback like this :
>
> class wmenuitem (fcallback:wmenuitem->unit) =
>   object(self)
>  val func = fcallback
>  method activate = (func self)
>   end
>
> but I'm having :
>
> This expression has type < activate : 'a; .. > but is here used with type
>   wmenuitem = < .. >
> Self type cannot escape its class
>
> Is it really true that self cannot be a parameter ?
> Any help ?

Yes : let the compiler guess the type :

class wmenuitem (fcallback:'a -> unit) =
object(self)
  val func = fcallback
  method activate = (func self)
end