* [Caml-list] [ANN] Lwt 3.2.0 – Promises and concurrent programming
@ 2017-12-24 22:19 Anton Bachin
From: Anton Bachin @ 2017-12-24 22:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

It is my pleasure to announce release 3.2.0 of Lwt, the promise and
concurrent I/O library.

  https://github.com/ocsigen/lwt

See the full changelog here:

  https://github.com/ocsigen/lwt/releases/tag/3.2.0

Apart from bug fixes and new APIs, this release schedules several
breaking changes, to be committed in Lwt 4.0.0. Lwt 4.0.0 will be
released in March 2018.

The breaking changes are detailed here:

  https://github.com/ocsigen/lwt/issues/453

An abbreviated list:

- We will adjust the semantics of Lwt.bind [1].
- The PPX, Camlp4 extension, and lwt.log are being factored out into
  their own opam packages.
- lwt.preemptive is being merged into lwt.unix, and the name
  lwt.preemptive is being retired.
- The >> syntax is being removed from the PPX.

Happy concurrent programming!

[1]: https://github.com/ocsigen/lwt/pull/500

only message in thread, other threads:[~2017-12-24 22:19 UTC | newest]