From: Damien Doligez <damien.doligez@inria.fr>
To: Damien Doligez <damien.doligez@inria.fr>
Cc: caml users <caml-list@inria.fr>, caml announce <caml-announce@inria.fr>
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] [caml-announce] Release Candidate 4.07.1+rc1
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2018 17:02:07 +0200	[thread overview]

Sorry, I forgot to include the Changes list. See the end of this mail.

> On 2018-09-21, at 17:00, Damien Doligez <Damien.Doligez@inria.fr> wrote:
>
> Dear OCaml users,
>
> The release of OCaml version 4.07.1 is imminent.  We have
> created a release candidate for your testing pleasure.  Please
> try it in opam and test your favourite software with it.  Then
> let me know whether it works for you.
>
> We want to know about any show-stopping bugs, especially in the
> compilation and installation phases.
>
> This release candidate will soon be available as a bunch of OPAM
> switches. It is also available as source code at this address:
>  http://caml.inria.fr/pub/distrib/ocaml-4.07/
>
> Happy hacking,
>
> -- Damien Doligez for the OCaml team.

### Bug fixes:

- MPR#7815, GPR#1896: major GC crash with first-fit policy
  (Stephen Dolan and Damien Doligez, report by Joris Giovannangeli)

* MPR#7818, GPR#2051: Remove local aliases in functor argument types,
  to prevent the aliasing of their target.
  (Jacques Garrigue, report by mandrykin, review by Leo White)

- MPR#7820, GPR#1897: Fix Array.of_seq. This function used to apply a circular
  permutation of one cell to the right on the sequence.
  (Thierry Martinez, review by Nicolás Ojeda Bär)

- MPR#7821, GPR#1908: make sure that the compilation of extension
  constructors doesn't cause the compiler to load more cmi files
  (Jérémie Dimino)

- MPR#7824, GPR#1914: subtype_row: filter out absent fields when row is closed
  (Leo White and Thomas Refis, report by talex, review by Jacques Garrigue)

- GPR#1915: rec_check.ml is too permissive for certain class declarations.
  (Alban Reynaud with Gabriel Scherer, review by Jeremy Yallop)

- MPR#7833, MPR#7835, MPR#7822, GPR#1997: Track newtype level again
  (Leo White, reports by Jerome Simeon, Thomas Refis and Florian
  Angeletti, review by Jacques Garrigue)

- MPR#7838: -principal causes assertion failure in type checker
  (Jacques Garrigue, report by Markus Mottl, review by Thomas Refis)