* [Caml-list] F# Compiler & Tools Position
@ 2010-12-23  5:36 Don Syme
From: Don Syme @ 2010-12-23  5:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

(It's been a while since I posted to the Caml list. My warm regards to everyone in the community, and best wishes for 2011)

Hi all,

The F# team are looking for a world class developer to join the team in Redmond.

We are seeking a talented and highly motivated software engineer with experience in compilers, language tools and data programming to help us ship the next version of F#. The ideal candidate will have a love for functional programming and the F# language, strong .NET programming skills including object-oriented techniques, knowledge of network, data and cloud programming, and experience of working on compilers. An interest in giving F# talks and working with F# users is also a strong plus, as is experience in data-oriented work, object/relational mappings, web services and other connectivity technologies.

Above all, we're looking for people who can make significant contributions to the F# language implementation & tools, and who can help develop the foundations necessary for the application of F# in the professional developer community.

An MS or PhD degree in Computer Science or a related technical field is considered an advantage. The F# compiler is released as open source via a code-drop model on major releases, and experience with both large projects and binary/code releases on smaller, agile projects is valuable.

We'd love to hear from you! Please apply via the online forms, and feel free to contact myself or Joe Pamer (jopamer@microsoft.com) for more information.  Details at https://careers.microsoft.com/JobDetails.aspx?ss=&pg=0&so=&rw=1&jid=30512&jlang=EN. Applications must be submitted via the online forms.

Kind regards & best wishes,
Don

Job Category: Software Engineering: Development
Location: United States, WA, Redmond
Job ID: 739350 30512
Division: Server & Tools Business

only message in thread, other threads:[~2010-12-23  5:37 UTC | newest]