* New Tuareg Mode
@ 2010-07-20 14:53 Romain Bardou
From: Romain Bardou @ 2010-07-20 14:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hello,

So I've updated my Debian a few weeks ago and it updated tuareg-mode.
It's great to know that Tuareg is still maintained. I remembered seeing
a thread here with some reproaches, about colors or something. Well I
don't really care about colors, they have always been ugly anyway.
However I do care about indentation and there was a modification that I
don't really like. The following code:

let f = function
       1
   | B ->
       2

match x with
       1
   | B ->
       1

is now indented like this:

let f = function
     1
   | B ->
     2

match x with
     1
   | B ->
     1

I find it less readable. I don't care about indenting too much on the
right : if the indentation is too large I can simply cut the code into
several functions. Which is good practise anyway.

Problem is, I can't find a way to configure Tuareg to indent
pattern-matching the way it did before. I tried to change everything
related to |, with, and -> with no success.

Note that I would probably be fine with:

let f = function
     1
| B ->
     2

match x with
     1
| B ->
     1

although I prefer the original version.

Any idea? Now, I now that it's just a matter of taste and that it's not
really important, so if nothing can be done, so be it.

--
Romain Bardou

* Re: [Caml-list] New Tuareg Mode
@ 2010-07-20 15:36 ` Julien Signoles