* ocamlbuild, knowing what is being built
@ 2010-07-10 12:24 Daniel Bünzli
From: Daniel Bünzli @ 2010-07-10 12:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hello,

I have two mutually dependent targets t1 and t2. They are not
dependent in the sense that one needs the other to be built, they are
dependent in the sense that after the build the build artifacts of one
target needs the artifacts of the other (e.g. think of two webpages
each refering to the other).

In other words if I build t1 I want t2 to be build and vice-versa.
However doing so in my rule with the 'build' argument will result in a
circular build, is there any way to get the targets that are already
being built when a rule is invoked ?

Thanks,

Daniel

* Re: ocamlbuild, knowing what is being built
@ 2010-07-15 15:56 ` Daniel Bünzli
From: Daniel Bünzli @ 2010-07-15 15:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

> is there any way to get the targets that are already
> being built when a rule is invoked ?

Solved that by manually tracking in my rules the targets I build in a
global reference, so far this solves my problem but I wonder if there
are any concurrency issue that may arise, I don't know how ocamlbuild
handles parallel target building.

Best,

Daniel