* [Caml-list] Errors in the manual
@ 2011-03-01  1:31 Elnatan Reisner
From: Elnatan Reisner @ 2011-03-01  1:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: OCaml List

There are errors in the code examples in the manual, section 1.8,
Pretty-printing and parsing, http://caml.inria.fr/pub/docs/manual-ocaml/manual003.html#toc11
  .

* Re: [Caml-list] Errors in the manual
@ 2011-03-01  1:37 ` Niki Yoshiuchi
From: Niki Yoshiuchi @ 2011-03-01  1:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: OCaml List

While we are on the topic...

A lot of the C functions/macros have different names in the manual.
For example, the Bigarray allocation functions are called
"alloc_bigarray" and "alloc_bigarray_dims" in the manual
(http://caml.inria.fr/pub/docs/manual-ocaml/manual043.html) but are
actually "caml_ba_alloc" and "caml_ba_alloc_dims".  I've noticed a
couple other discrepancies (I think they all dealt with allocations,
actually).

@ 2011-03-01  8:09   ` Daniel Bünzli
From: Daniel Bünzli @ 2011-03-01  8:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Niki Yoshiuchi, Elnatan Reisner; +Cc: OCaml List

If you want these things to be corrected, file bug reports here

http://caml.inria.fr/mantis/

Best,

Daniel

* Re: [Caml-list] Errors in the manual
@ 2011-03-01 14:05   ` Dmitry Bely
From: Dmitry Bely @ 2011-03-01 14:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: OCaml List

On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 4:37 AM, Niki Yoshiuchi <aplusbi@gmail.com> wrote:
> While we are on the topic...
>
> A lot of the C functions/macros have different names in the manual.
> For example, the Bigarray allocation functions are called
> "alloc_bigarray" and "alloc_bigarray_dims" in the manual
> (http://caml.inria.fr/pub/docs/manual-ocaml/manual043.html) but are
> actually "caml_ba_alloc" and "caml_ba_alloc_dims".  I've noticed a
> couple other discrepancies (I think they all dealt with allocations,
> actually).

Names without caml_ prefix are "old" ones. They are equal to prefixed
names until CAML_NAME_SPACE macro is defined:

#define alloc_bigarray caml_ba_alloc
#define alloc_bigarray_dims caml_ba_alloc_dims

For more details see caml/compatibility.h

- Dmitry Bely