* [Caml-list] Camlp4 with different backend
@ 2011-03-31 16:14 Jean-Baptiste Jeannin
From: Jean-Baptiste Jeannin @ 2011-03-31 16:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list; +Cc: Laurie Goffinon, Dexter Kozen

Hello,

We are trying to use camlp4 to replace the front-end (lexer / parser up
to building the Abstract Syntax Tree) of an experimental interpreter for
a language close to OCaml. However we would like to keep our backend
(the interpreter itself), as it behaves very differently from a normal
interpreter, and this behavior cannot be translated into OCaml's code
easily (or even at all).

However it seems that using camlp4, we can only use OCaml's own backend.
In the camlp4 documentation, I could not find any way of getting the
abstract syntax tree to feed it to another interpreter. Is this true or
could camlp4 serve our purpose?

Thank you,

Jean-Baptiste Jeannin
CS department, Cornell University