* Re: [Caml-list] writing some code using a function for which only the signature is known
@ 2011-01-21 13:49 mark
From: mark @ 2011-01-21 13:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

For anything more than toy examples, it's better to use Dmitry's solution of
a specially defined exception, because you certainly don't want the
exception to get caught before it reaches the top level, but Assert_failure
or Failure are liable to get caught if you write code with exception
handling.

This is assuming, of course, that you're not using nasty catch-all exception
handling in your code.

Mark.

on 21/1/11 5:41 AM, Francois Berenger <berenger@riken.jp> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> If I am writing some code, and I don't want to dive
> into implementing some sub function I will need but don't
> have yet, what is the standard way to do this in ocaml?
>
> In python, there is the pass keyword, Haskell has some
> keyword which I don't remember for this also.
>
> Sorry for the dumb question maybe, I am returning to ocaml
> after a too long absence. :)
>
> Regards,
> Francois.
>
> --

* [Caml-list] writing some code using a function for which only the signature is known
@ 2011-01-21  5:40 Francois Berenger
                   ` (2 more replies)