* [Caml-list] signal handling problem
@ 2002-06-06  5:30 Winfried Dreckmann
From: Winfried Dreckmann @ 2002-06-06  5:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: € caml list

Hi everyone,

I have a rather complicated program which uses the C interface a lot, with
lots of allocations from both Ocaml and C code. The program runs fine in
byte code and native code, but the native version breaks down as soon as I
add a trivial signal handler with a Unix timer:

let _ = Sys.set_signal Sys.sigalrm (Sys.Signal_handle (fun s -> ()))
let _ =
  Unix.setitimer
    Unix.ITIMER_REAL { Unix.it_interval = 0.25; Unix.it_value = 0.25 }

I cannot locate the problem, nor reproduce the problem with a simpler
program. I am running a rather old version of Linux (Suse 6.4, kernel
2.2.14) on PowerPC. Are there known issues with signal handling and old
Linux on PowerPC? Should I upgrade and try again, or file a big and
unspecific bug report now?

Winfried Dreckmann

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-06-06  5:26 UTC | newest]