* [Caml-list] talk about evolutionary genomics April 26th (using OCaml)
@ 2011-04-15  3:55 Erick Matsen
From: Erick Matsen @ 2011-04-15  3:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hello OCaml community--

I organize an online seminar series on computational methods for
evolutionary analysis of DNA data. Our speaker this month is Mike Lin,
known to people on this list for his programming expertise. However, his
"job" is being a graduate student at MIT, where he does awesome work
finding interesting elements in genomes using evolutionary methods.

You can read more about his work and browse his code at
https://github.com/mlin/PhyloCSF/

The seminar is open to everyone-- just go to http://phyloseminar.org/
and follow the instructions. However, note that the focus of the talk
will *not* be OCaml. I'm not even sure if Mike will be mentioning it at
all. But if you are interested in biology, I encourage you to attend!

Erick

ps. While I'm writing the list, I should thank all of the help I got
from people on this list getting going with my project,
https://github.com/matsen/pplacer
I specifically thanked Will M. Farr, Mauricio Fernandez, Stéphane
Glondu, Jon D. Harrop, Xavier Leroy, Mike Lin, and Markus Mottl in a
recent paper. Happily, I'm a lot less clueless than I was when I was
asking some of those old questions.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2011-04-15  3:55 UTC | newest]