* [Caml-list] No implementations provided for the following modules: Batteries
@ 2011-05-15 17:59 Martin DeMello
From: Martin DeMello @ 2011-05-15 17:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: OCaml List

I've installed ocaml and batteries from godi, and am using the
OCamlMakefile from godi/share/OCamlMakefile too. I've checked that
everything is up to date in godi_console (I saw on google that there
was a possible issue with ocamlfind not being updated, but this is not
the case here).

My makefile:

#--------------------------------------
RESULT = nrepl-client

SOURCES = \
					ledit/cursor.ml \
					ledit/ledit.mli ledit/ledit.ml \
					nrepl_client.ml

GODI = /home/martin/opt/godi/lib/ocaml
PACKS = unix bigarray str mikmatch_pcre pcre batteries
INCDIRS = $(GODI)/pkg-lib/batteries $(GODI)/std-lib/camlp5
$(GODI)/pkg-lib/pcre $(GODI)/pkg-lib/mikmatch_pcre
CREATE_LIB = yes
PRE_TARGETS = ledit/pa_local.cmo ledit/pa_def.cmo
USE_CAMLP4 = yes
PP = ./camlp4find $(PACKS)
export PP

all: native-code

OCAMLMAKEFILE = OCamlMakefile
include $(OCAMLMAKEFILE)
#--------------------------------------

make dies with

$ make
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/martin/code/ocaml/nrepl-client'
ocamlfind ocamlopt \
				-package unix,bigarray,str,mikmatch_pcre,pcre,batteries -linkpkg \
				 -I /home/martin/opt/godi/lib/ocaml/std-lib/camlp4 -I ledit/  -I
/home/martin/opt/godi/lib/ocaml/pkg-lib/batteries -I
/home/martin/opt/godi/lib/ocaml/std-lib/camlp5 -I
/home/martin/opt/godi/lib/ocaml/pkg-lib/pcre -I
/home/martin/opt/godi/lib/ocaml/pkg-lib/mikmatch_pcre    -ccopt
-Lledit/        -o nrepl-client \
				ledit/cursor.cmx ledit/ledit.cmx nrepl_client.cmx
File "_none_", line 1, characters 0-1:
Error: No implementations provided for the following modules:
         Batteries referenced from nrepl_client.cmx
make[1]: *** [nrepl-client] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/martin/code/ocaml/nrepl-client'
make: *** [native-code] Error 2

martin

* Re: [Caml-list] No implementations provided for the following modules: Batteries
@ 2011-05-15 19:07 ` Edgar Friendly
From: Edgar Friendly @ 2011-05-15 19:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

On 05/15/2011 01:59 PM, Martin DeMello wrote:
> $ make
> make[1]: Entering directory `/home/martin/code/ocaml/nrepl-client'
> ocamlfind ocamlopt \
> 				-package unix,bigarray,str,mikmatch_pcre,pcre,batteries -linkpkg \
> 				 -I /home/martin/opt/godi/lib/ocaml/std-lib/camlp4 -I ledit/  -I
> /home/martin/opt/godi/lib/ocaml/pkg-lib/batteries -I
> /home/martin/opt/godi/lib/ocaml/std-lib/camlp5 -I
> /home/martin/opt/godi/lib/ocaml/pkg-lib/pcre -I
> /home/martin/opt/godi/lib/ocaml/pkg-lib/mikmatch_pcre    -ccopt
> -Lledit/        -o nrepl-client \
> 				ledit/cursor.cmx ledit/ledit.cmx nrepl_client.cmx
> File "_none_", line 1, characters 0-1:
> Error: No implementations provided for the following modules:
>           Batteries referenced from nrepl_client.cmx
Batteries is a bit wierd - if you're not linking using threads, only
Batteries_uni (uni-threaded) is available.  If you link with threads,
the full Batteries module is available, including additional threading
primitives.

Sometime, we'll have to modify our build system to produce two Batteries
modules, one for multi-threads and one for single-thread, but for the
moment there's some oddities like this.

E.

* Re: [Caml-list] No implementations provided for the following modules: Batteries
@ 2011-05-15 19:33   ` Martin DeMello
From: Martin DeMello @ 2011-05-15 19:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edgar Friendly; +Cc: caml-list

On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 12:37 AM, Edgar Friendly <thelema314@gmail.com> wrote:
> Batteries is a bit wierd - if you're not linking using threads, only
> Batteries_uni (uni-threaded) is available.  If you link with threads, the
> full Batteries module is available, including additional threading
> primitives.
>
> Sometime, we'll have to modify our build system to produce two Batteries
> modules, one for multi-threads and one for single-thread, but for the moment
> there's some oddities like this.

Thanks, works like a charm! If there's a FAQ somewhere this should
definitely be part of it.

martin