* [Caml-list] [OPAM] moving OCamlPro/opam-repository to CC0
@ 2013-08-12  8:25 Thomas Gazagnaire
From: Thomas Gazagnaire @ 2013-08-12  8:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

[Sorry for spamming the list with this, but I'm trying to reach as many of our contributors as possible or people who know them]

Hi,

Following the latest discussions on that list regarding the ownership of package descriptions in OPAM, I would like to relicense https://github.com/OCamlPro/opam-repository to public domain (CC0: http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/). This would mean that *anybody* can then fork the package repository and uses it to its own good, without fear of any legal complication.

In order to do so, I (just) need the acknowledgment of the 83 contributors. So far, I've got 36, which is not too bad in vacation time but not enough yet. So please, if you have contributed to OCamlPro/opam-repository, please either:

- (i) say you are happy to relicense your contributions to CC0 on https://github.com/OCamlPro/opam-repository/issues/955
- (ii) or send me a direct email to tell me so

If you are not happy with CC0, please send me an email so we can find a solution which should satisfy anyone.
If you don't care about the license stuff, please send me an email as well, just saying that you are fine with CC0 (which is the closest thing to public domain with a legal existence).

For information, this is the list of people who contributed and have not yet given an answer. If you recognize in the list one of your friend or coworker, please ping he/her.

- [ ] Alain Frisch
- [ ] Anton Lavrik
- [ ] Arjun Guha
- [ ] Aziem Chawdhary
- [ ] Benedikt Becker
- [ ] Benoit Montagu
- [ ] Benoit Vaugon
- [ ] Cedric Cellier
- [ ] Claude Marche
- [ ] Dominik LoBraico
- [ ] Damien Doligez
- [ ] Eric Norige
- [ ] Felix Ruess
- [ ] Florian Pichlmeier
- [ ] Francois Berenger
- [ ] Francois Bobot
- [ ] Gabriel Kerneis
- [ ] Garth Williams
- [ ] iksnalybok
- [ ] Jean-Christophe Filliatre
- [ ] Jerome Vouillon
- [ ] Jonathan Protzenko
- [ ] Kaspar M. Rohrer
- [ ] Kaustuv Chaudhuri
- [ ] Kenji Maillard
- [ ] libkenta
- [ ] Louis Mandel
- [ ] Marc Simpson
- [ ] Markus Mottl
- [ ] Max Mouratov
- [ ] Michal Kurcewicz
- [ ] Mike Lin
- [ ] Mike McClurg
- [ ] Nicolas Braud-Santoni
- [ ] Oliver Gu
- [ ] orbitz
- [ ] Owen Gunden
- [ ] Paolo Donadeo
- [ ] Paul Pelzl
- [ ] Paul Snively
- [ ] Phil Scott
- [ ] Philippe Veber
- [ ] Quentin Stievenart
- [ ] Radek Micek
- [ ] Roberto Di Cosmo
- [ ] Romain Slootmaekers
- [ ] Rudi Grinberg
- [ ] Samuel Mimram
- [ ] Sean Mclaughlin
- [ ] Sebastien Fricker
- [ ] Sergei Lebedev
- [ ] Seung Cheol Jung
- [ ] Vincent Hugot
- [ ] Vincent Monfort
- [ ] Virgile Prevosto
- [ ] Wojciech Meyer
- [ ] Xavier Allamigeon
- [ ] Yury Sulsky

Best,
Thomas

* [Caml-list] Re: [OPAM] moving OCamlPro/opam-repository to CC0
@ 2013-08-21 14:58 ` Thomas Gazagnaire
From: Thomas Gazagnaire @ 2013-08-21 14:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

[This is a gentle reminder, the next announce will be sent personally to the missing contributors at the end of the month]

We already got 76 positives answers, but are still missing 26. If you have contributed to opam-repository but haven't commented on https://github.com/OCamlPro/opam-repository/issues/955 yet, please help us by doing so; if you know someone who is the list, please tell him as well.

The last 26 are:

- [ ] Alain Frisch
- [ ] Arjun Guha
- [ ] Benoit Montagu