* [Caml-list] Celestial Intellect Looking to Expand their Team
@ 2015-02-03 18:19 Eray Ozkural
From: Eray Ozkural @ 2015-02-03 18:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Caml List

Dear members,

Please find some job adverts below, we are communicating open positions
involving OCaml development. I anticipate that there would be enthusiastic
and talented researchers in the OCaml community who might be interested in
working on general-purpose machine learning. I am aware that the desired
skills are a tall order; we do need the best programmers in the world.

Please correspond directly with me for enquiries.

Kind Regards,

We are a general purpose artificial intelligence startup with an emphasis
on universal machine learning methods and parallelism. We wish to expand
our team, and we would like to work with competent researcher-programmers
who will be able to advance our prototypes.

*Machine Learning Researcher:*

 We would like to work with bold researchers who are capable of advancing
the state-of-the-art in artificial general intelligence algorithms. The
bulk of the work requires analyzing and improving existing proprietary
models and methods at our firm, however we would like the ideal candidate
to propose entirely new general-purpose machine learning models and
methods, and address open problems in mathematical artificial intelligence.

Job responsibilities:

– Improve existing universal machine learning algorithms
– Propose, design and implement new machine learning methods
– Analyze theoretical properties of proposed methods
– Experimentally verify machine learning methods

 Desired Skills and Experience:

– PhD in a relevant subject (machine learning, statistics, data mining,
neuroscience, etc.), or equivalent research experience
– Functional programming experience
– Experience in Artificial General Intelligence methods
– Experience in stochastic/deep-learning models
– Experience in logical reasoning methods
– Able to design and execute machine learning experiments

 *Functional Programming Researcher:*

Our prototypes are written in OCaml, and C++. We would like to move into a
purely functional direction since multi-core programming is essential to
high-performance. We are also interested in inventing domain-specific
languages for AI tasks. The ideal candidate for this position would be able
to make good use of existing functional programming technology to better
express our algorithms and models, and optimize existing code. He/she would
be competent in expressing parallelism in a functional fashion. He/she has
good command of programming language semantics and can design a new
domain-specific functional PL for given requirements. He/she can design an
efficient runtime system and is familiar with problems in scientific
computing, and/or data mining.

 Job responsibilities:

– Design, and implement functional and imperative algorithms
– Implement new domain specific functional language interpreters and
runtimes
– Propose and implement parallel programming libraries
– Optimize, refactor, and expand existing functional codebase

Desired Skills and Experience:

– PhD level or similar experience required
– OCaml and Haskell experience
– Experience in purely functional algorithms and data structures
– Experience in programming language semantics and design
– Experience in runtime design and implementation
– Experience in functional approaches to parallelism
– Experience in scientific computing and/or data mining

*Parallel Computing Researcher:*

Implementing a human-level AI system requires a high degree of parallelism.
We purpose to build systems that will scale well to billion cores on
heterogeneous parallel computers. The ideal candidate for this position
would be able to design scalable algorithms for computationally intensive
AGI algorithms with non-trivial data structures. He/she would have
experience with advanced task and data partitioning methods, and a variety
of parallel computing architectures (both MIMD and SIMD, both shared and
distributed memory, grid computing, at least). He/she would like to design
middle-ware/library code that will facilitate ease of implementation across
many architectures, and has working knowledge of both explicit and implicit
parallelism.

 Job responsibilities:

– Design, and implement scalable algorithms to solve grand challenges in AGI
– Design, and implement solutions for heterogeneous architectures
– Design, and implement programming methods and paradigms for exa-scale
computing
– Analyze and Improve existing parallel algorithms

Desired Skills and Experience:
– PhD level or similar experience required
– Experience in designing scalable parallel algorithms
– Can program with functional and imperative languages
– Solid understanding of functional parallel programming
– Experience with heterogeneous architectures
– MPI, CUDA, C++ experience.
– Experience with GPGPU algorithm design
– Scientific computing and/or data mining experience
– Grid/cloud computing experience

Eray Ozkural, PhD. Computer Scientist
Founder, Celestial Intellect