* [Caml-list] Citing OCaml
@ 2011-11-16 23:25 Dawid Toton
From: Dawid Toton @ 2011-11-16 23:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Is there any paper related to OCaml that could be cited to refer to
OCaml in general?
I'm working on my thesis. I'm just writing that I've used OCaml for all
scripting, glue code and some parts of calculations (nasty matrix
churning in Fortran being the rest), and the not-so-known name of OCaml
looks not very well without a citation.
Dawid

* Re: [Caml-list] Citing OCaml
@ 2011-11-16 23:36 ` Philippe Wang
From: Philippe Wang @ 2011-11-16 23:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dawid Toton; +Cc: caml-list

You might want to use a reference to the refman.
Here in bibtex format:

@manual{ocamlrefman,
  author =       {Xavier Leroy and Damien Doligez and Alain Frisch and
Jacques Garrigue
                  and Didier R\'emy and J\'er\^ome Vouillon},
  title =        {The OCaml system (release 3.12): Documentation and
user's manual},
  organization = {Institut National de Recherche en Informatique et en
Automatique},
  year =         2011,
  month=jul,
  url = {http://caml.inria.fr/distrib/ocaml-3.12/ocaml-3.12-refman.pdf},
}

BTW, if one of the author reads this:
the copyright year on these 2 documents (OCaml 3.12) are different
http://caml.inria.fr/distrib/ocaml-3.12/ocaml-3.12-refman.pdf <--- 2011
http://caml.inria.fr/pub/docs/manual-ocaml/index.html <--- 2008 (bogus?)

Cheers,
Philippe Wang