* [Caml-list] [JOB] Functional Programming at Jane Street
@ 2016-01-26 21:48 Yaron Minsky
From: Yaron Minsky @ 2016-01-26 21:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

(Apologies to long-time denizens of the list, who have heard this
pitch before).

Jane Street is looking to hire functional programmers for our offices
in New York, London and Hong Kong.

Jane Street has the largest team of OCaml developers in any industrial
setting, and the world's largest OCaml codebase. We use OCaml for
running our entire business, working on everything from statistical
research to systems administration to automated trading systems.  If
you're interested in using OCaml to solve real-world problems, there's
no better place.

The atmosphere is informal and intellectual --- you'll get to work
with an extremely talented group of developers and traders (a pretty
geeky group in its own right), pushing the bounds of functional
programming and learning about the business of trading.  Compensation
is more than competitive.

We have a strong commitment to OCaml and to open-source software.
We've continued to develop and release our own open source software,
as well as support OCamlPro and OCaml Labs in building out
infrastructure for the language.

You don't need to know anything about finance, be a whiz at
mathematical puzzles, or be a deep type theorist to qualify.  We're
looking for great software engineers, but beyond that, there's no
narrow list of qualifications.

Here are some resources you can use to learn more about Jane Street
and what we do.

- Our technical blog: <http://blogs.janestreet.com>
- Our open source software: <https://github.com/janestreet>
- A talk we just posted on why we use OCaml:
  <https://blogs.janestreet.com/why-ocaml/>
- Our main website: https://www.janestreet.com/programming

You can apply here:

  http://janestreet.com/apply

* [Caml-list] [JOB] Functional Programming at Jane Street
@ 2013-04-09 14:33 Yaron Minsky
From: Yaron Minsky @ 2013-04-09 14:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Jane Street is looking to hire functional programmers for our offices
in New York, London and Hong Kong.

Jane Street has the largest team of OCaml developers in any industrial
setting, and the world's largest OCaml codebase. We use OCaml for
running our entire business, working on everything from statistical
research to systems administration to automated trading systems.  If
you're interested in using OCaml to solve real-world problems, there's
no better place.

Jane Street is an informal and intellecutal place --- you'll get to
work with an extremely talented group of developers and traders (a
pretty geeky group in its own right), pushing the bounds of functional
programming and learning about the business of trading.

We have a strong commitment to OCaml and to open-source software.
We've continue to develop and release our own open source software, as
well as support OCaml Labs and OCamlPro in building out the language
infrastructure.

Compensation is more than competitive, and no prior experience with
finance is required.

Here are some resources you can use to learn more about Jane Street
and what we do.

- A talk I gave at CMU about how and why we use OCaml
  <http://ocaml.janestreet.com/?q=node/61>
- Our technical blog: <http://ocaml.janestreet.com>
- Our open-source site: <http://janestreet.github.io>

You can apply here: