* [Caml-list] Use of ephemerons
@ 2018-04-12 15:12 KC Sivaramakrishnan
From: KC Sivaramakrishnan @ 2018-04-12 15:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hi All,

I'm looking to find out the extent of the use of ephemerons in the wild. A
quick search for "Ephemerons.set_key" on github led me to a single use in
an external library [1], while other uses seem to be wrappers, unit tests
or compiler forks. Are there other uses of ephemerons in tools or libraries
which I am missing?

Kind Regards
KC

[1]:
https://github.com/dune-universe/dune-universe/blob/f49e4812532abee72d3b858ee0aeb7babb933cb6/packages/sexplib0.v0.11.0/sexp_conv.ml#L118

* Re: [Caml-list] Use of ephemerons
@ 2018-04-12 15:23 ` Gabriel Scherer
From: Gabriel Scherer @ 2018-04-12 15:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: KC Sivaramakrishnan; +Cc: caml users

One notable use of ephemerons within a "compiler fork" is their use in
the runtime of Jacques-Henri Jourdan's statistical memory profiler:

paper: https://hal.inria.fr/hal-01406809/document
code: https://github.com/jhjourdan/ocaml/blob/memprof/byterun/memprof.c

@ 2018-04-12 15:39   ` KC Sivaramakrishnan
From: KC Sivaramakrishnan @ 2018-04-12 15:39 UTC (permalink / raw)