* [Caml-list] ANN: ocaml-d3
@ 2015-09-28 17:38 Spiros Eliopoulos
From: Spiros Eliopoulos @ 2015-09-28 17:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: OCaml

Hey there lists,

I'm happy to announce the initial release of ocaml-d3:

  https://github.com/seliopou/ocaml-d3

ocaml-d3 provides OCaml bindings to D3.js[1], via js_of_ocaml. Using this
library will enable you to create type-safe, composable widgets using HTML,
SVG, and CSS. The binds at the moment only cover the Core Selection API.
For visualization uses cases, the additional library code will have to be
manipulated directly with the js_of_ocaml FFI.

These are the second languages bindings I've written for D3.js. The first
were for the Elm programming language[3]. Both are quite similar to each
other in terms of their treatment of operations and types. However, due to
the computational model of Elm, the bindings for that language do not allow
you to directly get a handle on DOM nodes. The OCaml version lifts this
restriction. But, I would suggest using that feature sparingly.

Here's a TodoMVC example to help you get started:

  https://github.com/seliopou/ocaml-d3/blob/master/examples/todo.ml

Issues and pull requests welcomed.

-Spiros E.

[1]: http://d3js.org/