* [Caml-list] Interfacing with QtQuick 2.0 from Qt5, RFC
@ 2013-05-09 10:18 Kakadu
From: Kakadu @ 2013-05-09 10:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Caml List

Hey!

I'm ready to share y experience about this topic. To build it you can use
'./configure' from https://github.com/Kakadu/lablqt/tree/qml-dev/qml . In
'test' directory you will find demo ocamlbrowser-like application with
QtQuick GUI interface and logic in OCaml.

I have successfully built it on  Debian sid x64 with Qt5 from git and on
Ubuntu 13.04 with Qt5 from repository. Now it's time to ask what do u think
about all of this.

Best wishes,
Dmitrii Kosarev aka Kakadu

* Re: [Caml-list] Interfacing with QtQuick 2.0 from Qt5, RFC
@ 2013-05-09 10:22 ` Fabrice Le Fessant
From: Fabrice Le Fessant @ 2013-05-09 10:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hi,

   Is there any documentation in the examples, to understand how the
code is structured ?

   I have also improved the wxWidgets binding, the code is now
completely generated, no code shared with wxHaskell anymore. There is a
screenshot of some examples on :

http://www.typerex.org/ocplib-wxOCaml.html

Regards,
--Fabrice

@ 2013-05-09 18:31   ` Kakadu
From: Kakadu @ 2013-05-09 18:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fabrice Le Fessant; +Cc: Caml List

I've added small introduction to OCaml+QtQuick
https://github.com/Kakadu/lablqt/wiki/Using-mocml-with-QtQuick

Best wishes,
Kakadu

@ 2013-06-01 18:16     ` Kakadu
From: Kakadu @ 2013-06-01 18:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fabrice Le Fessant; +Cc: Caml List

Hey!

'Hello world' tutorial have become longer and more copy-pastable. See you
on github pages: http://kakadu.github.io/lablqt/qtquick-helloworld.html

RFC

Best wishes,
Kakadu

@ 2013-07-09 14:58       ` Goswin von Brederlow
From: Goswin von Brederlow @ 2013-07-09 14:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

On Sat, Jun 01, 2013 at 10:16:13PM +0400, Kakadu wrote:
> Hey!
>
> 'Hello world' tutorial have become longer and more copy-pastable. See you
> on github pages: http://kakadu.github.io/lablqt/qtquick-helloworld.html
>
> RFC
>
> Best wishes,
> Kakadu

At the start you say that no c++ is needed and ocaml code is connected
directly to QtQuick. Then later you say `Controller_c.h`,
`Controller_c.cpp` and `Controller.ml` will be generated.

So what is it now? Is that c++ code just a unused side product of the
moc compiler?

MfG
	Goswin

* Re: [Caml-list] Interfacing with QtQuick 2.0 from Qt5, RFC
@ 2013-07-31 16:04         ` Kakadu
From: Kakadu @ 2013-07-31 16:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Goswin von Brederlow; +Cc: Caml List

QtQuick runtime allowsinterfacing only using QObject subclasses.
That's why I force user to write API in file and than I generatae C++
and Ocaml sources to use them in interfacing with QtQuick. Some C++
code is needed but I don't need to write it, it's autogenerated (like
C++ moc tool does).

Kakadu