* [Caml-list] The OCaml MOOC starts in one month
@ 2015-09-17 13:25 Roberto Di Cosmo
From: Roberto Di Cosmo @ 2015-09-17 13:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

The "Introduction to Functional Programming in OCaml" MOOC announced in
July will start in a month, on October 19th.

We are quite happy to see that there are now almost 1500 registrations for
the course, and we would like to ask for a little help in disseminating the
course even further, as it is well known that a large user base makes the
learning process more effective in a MOOC.

To help in this dissemination, an online version of the synthetic flyer
distributed at ICFP with all the course information is now available: you
can print it and post it on any billboard you may see fit

 http://www.dicosmo.org/share/Flyer-OCamlMOOC.pdf

All the information on the course, including a teaser video, is also
available at

https://www.france-universite-numerique-mooc.fr/courses/parisdiderot/56002/session01/about

The course is in english, but we are investigating the possibility of
having subtitles in multiple languages on the platform used for the MOOC.
There are 43 video sequences, with durations ranging from 4 minutes to 15
minutes.  Contact me if you are willing to help in translating the
subtitles in other languages (use the Subject : OCaml MOOC subtitles), and
we'll see if there is the needed critical mass to set up this process.

And if any of you, experienced OCamlers, wants to register to lend a hand
in the forums every now and then, do not hesitate!

--
Roberto (for the OCaml MOOC team)

Professeur               En detachement a l'INRIA
PPS                      E-mail: roberto@dicosmo.org
Universite Paris Diderot WWW  : http://www.dicosmo.org
Case 7014                Tel  : ++33-(0)1-57 27 92 20
5, Rue Thomas Mann
F-75205 Paris Cedex 13   Identica: http://identi.ca/rdicosmo
FRANCE.                  Twitter: http://twitter.com/rdicosmo
Attachments:
MIME accepted, Word deprecated
Office location:

Bureau 320 (3rd floor)
Batiment Sophie Germain
Avenue de France
Metro Bibliotheque Francois Mitterrand, ligne 14/RER C
GPG fingerprint 2931 20CE 3A5A 5390 98EC 8BFC FCCA C3BE 39CB 12D3