* [Caml-list] [ANN] utop 1.0 released
@ 2011-07-28 21:08 Jérémie Dimino
From: Jérémie Dimino @ 2011-07-28 21:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hello,

I am pleased to announce the first release of utop, a new toplevel for
OCaml.

utop has two modes; in can run in a terminal or in emacs. In the
terminal it supports real-time completion, colors, parenthesis matching
and prompt customization. In emacs it supports completion and
integration with the tuareg mode, and behaves more like a toplevel than
the default one of the tuareg mode, i.e. you cannot erase the prompt.

You can download utop here:

  https://forge.ocamlcore.org/projects/utop/

Enjoy!

--
Jérémie

* Re: [Caml-list] [ANN] utop 1.0 released
@ 2011-07-29  6:52 ` Gabriel Scherer
From: Gabriel Scherer @ 2011-07-29  6:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list, Jérémie Dimino

In case someone else is interested, I computed the transitive closure of the
various dependencies. If you want to play with utop you will need:
- utop:
    https://forge.ocamlcore.org/frs/download.php/664/utop-1.0.tar.gz
- which depends on lambda-term:
    https://forge.ocamlcore.org/frs/download.php/663/lambda-term-1.0.tar.gz
- which itself depends on zed:
    https://forge.ocamlcore.org/frs/download.php/662/zed-1.0.tar.gz
- which relies on a version >= 8 of Camomile; if you still have version 7,
compilation is going to fail (but only after the configure step; Jérémie,
consider this a bug report)
    http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/camomile/camomile-0.8.3.tar.bz2

The good news is that you don't have to look at the build system used,
"./configure; make; sudo make install" works like a charm.

@ 2011-07-29  8:00   ` Jérémie Dimino
From: Jérémie Dimino @ 2011-07-29  8:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gabriel Scherer; +Cc: caml-list

On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 08:52:57AM +0200, Gabriel Scherer wrote:
> - which relies on a version >= 8 of Camomile; if you still have version 7,
> compilation is going to fail (but only after the configure step; Jérémie,
> consider this a bug report)

Thanks for the report, i added a constraint on Camomile version.

--

@ 2011-07-29  8:58   ` Thomas Gazagnaire
From: Thomas Gazagnaire @ 2011-07-29  8:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gabriel Scherer; +Cc: caml-list, Jérémie Dimino

> In case someone else is interested, I computed the transitive closure of the
> various dependencies. If you want to play with utop you will need:
> - utop:
>     https://forge.ocamlcore.org/frs/download.php/664/utop-1.0.tar.gz
> - which depends on lambda-term:
>     https://forge.ocamlcore.org/frs/download.php/663/lambda-term-1.0.tar.gz
> - which itself depends on zed:
>     https://forge.ocamlcore.org/frs/download.php/662/zed-1.0.tar.gz
> - which relies on a version >= 8 of Camomile; if you still have version 7,
> compilation is going to fail (but only after the configure step; Jérémie,
> consider this a bug report)
>     http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/camomile/camomile-0.8.3.tar.bz2

And also ocamlfind, react and lwt :-)