* [Caml-list] Preparing a project for opam
@ 2017-01-07 23:38 Helmut Brandl
From: Helmut Brandl @ 2017-01-07 23:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Caml List

Hello list,

I am trying to prepare my project to being published via opam. I have
pinned my project to a local version on my harddisk and generated and
opam file which opam can build successfully.

Now I am struggling with the "install" section of the opam file.

For building I use ocamlbuild which builds a native executable file in
the source directory (to be precise in the _build subdirectory of the
source directory). Installing just means copying this executable into a
directory which is in the search path. I have achieved this by copying
the executable directly to ".opam/system/bin". However I am not sure if
this is the recommended way since somebody else might have chosen
another directory name and path on where to store ".opam".

Is there a portable way to do this? Thanks for any hint.

Regards
Helmut