* [Caml-list] Oasis strange behavior
@ 2016-09-22 21:37 Yann Hamdaoui
From: Yann Hamdaoui @ 2016-09-22 21:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Dear list,

I have a small toy library that I used to build using oasis, and
everything worked fine. But after I tried to add a test section for unit
testing and modify the _oasis file accordingly (I hadn't touched it for
a few months), I face a rather strange behavior : setup.ml doesn't
complain but doesn't build anything. After some investigation, it seems
that oasis only take into account the last section of my file _oasis.

If I do :

[...]

OASISFormat: 0.4
BuildTools: ocamlbuild
Plugins: META (0.4), DevFiles (0.4)

Library "mechaml"
  MainIs: test.ml
  BuildDepends: oUnit, mechaml
Test "unit"
    Command: $unit_test
    WorkingDirectory: test
SourceRepository "master"
  Type: git
  Location: https://github.com/yannham/mechaml.git/
  Branch: master
  Browser: https://github.com/yannham/mechaml

Then nothing get built (after configure and build executed succesfully)
and I have :

%oasis query ListSections

SrcRepo(master)

%
Like I only have one section of the source repository.

If I comment out the last three sections (so that only Library remains),
then the library is built as before. If I comment the two last sections,
query only gives "Executable(unit_tests)" and if I try configure, the
script complains that the package "mechaml" doesn't exist, so the
section Library is indeed thrown.

I have the same behavior with an _oasis file generated automatically by
oasis quickstart. Does anybody have the same issue ? Am i doing
something wrong ?

I run oasis version 0.4.7 with compiler switch 4.03.0+flambda