* [Caml-list] ocamldebug and -pack
@ 2014-11-16 13:43 Mads Jensen
From: Mads Jensen @ 2014-11-16 13:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

I tried out ocamldebug on the  hello world example[1] of the ocaml-cohttp
library. I configured the debugger by writing the results of `ocamlfind
query -recursive core async cohttp cohttp.async` into a file and prefixed
each line with `directory`. For more information see this blog post about
my setup[2].

As I stepped through the code I would see errors like this:

(ocd) step
Time: 1084742 - pc: 4416712 - module Cohttp.Request
No source file for Cohttp.Request.

I chatted with whitequark on IRC and he suggests that it might be because
ocamldebug doesn't support compilation units compiled with the -pack flag.
Is that the case? If so, is this a bug?

Cheers,
Mads

[1]