* [Caml-list] ppx alternative to Campl4 macro?
@ 2015-08-25 15:10 Dmitry Bely
From: Dmitry Bely @ 2015-08-25 15:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Caml List

Currently ppx extensions and Camlp4 cannot coexist:
https://github.com/ocaml/camlp4/issues/55
So I'm trying to create something similar to

IFDEF SOMETHING THEN
val v1 = ...
val v2 = ...
END

But looks like it's impossible to define a extension which would
(conditionally) include signature items. Is it really so?

- Dmitry Bely

* Re: [Caml-list] ppx alternative to Campl4 macro?
@ 2015-08-25 15:16 ` Francois Berenger
From: Francois Berenger @ 2015-08-25 15:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

On 08/25/2015 05:10 PM, Dmitry Bely wrote:
> Currently ppx extensions and Camlp4 cannot coexist:

But probably, ppx extensions can coexist with cppo:

http://mjambon.com/cppo-manual-0.9.2.txt

@ 2015-08-26 13:10   ` Dmitry Bely
From: Dmitry Bely @ 2015-08-26 13:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Caml List

On Tue, Aug 25, 2015 at 6:16 PM, Francois Berenger
<francois.berenger@inria.fr> wrote:
> On 08/25/2015 05:10 PM, Dmitry Bely wrote:
>>
>> Currently ppx extensions and Camlp4 cannot coexist:
>

> But probably, ppx extensions can coexist with cppo:
>
> http://mjambon.com/cppo-manual-0.9.2.txt

Yes it does, thank you. Unfortunately any preprocessor is not
compatible with ocamlmerlin so I tried to get rid of them completely;
the only hope is that merlin people will implement cppo support some
day.

- Dmitry Bely