* [Caml-list] Software engineer position at Tweag I/O
@ 2016-03-14 14:57 Arnaud Spiwack
From: Arnaud Spiwack @ 2016-03-14 14:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear all,

Tweag I/O [1] (is hiring. We're looking for a software engineer in the
Paris area. The position involves Haskell, not Ocaml, but it may still be
of interest to this list. Details of the position below.

Software Engineer position
==========================

Tweag I/O is looking for distributed systems engineers to be part of one of
several projects in Europe focused on developing the next wave of storage
solutions in Haskell and in C, targeted at the Exascale.

Many of our existing folks come from diverse backgrounds, be it a PL
research and/or formal methods background, high-speed storage or machine
learning. We are active maintainers of the Cloud Haskell [2] project and
authors of the HaskellR [3] project, among other open source contributions.
Our engineers spend a fair amount of time building the tools they need to
make their life here a happy one. We love Nix [4] and Stack [5] so much to
build and deploy our software that we made it easy to use both together
[6].

For this position we're looking to have you join a local team near our
headquarters here in Paris. We're pretty happy to look at helping you
relocate if you're up to spending some time in this beautiful city. Fluency
in French not required.

If you like the idea of working on the software plumbing and infrastructure
for tomorrow's Science, by systematically decomposing them into simple,
orthogonal solutions that compose and commute like in algebra, give it a
try!

About us
========

We are a research and development laboratory at the heart of Europe,
applying functional programming techniques to tame the complexity of
distributed systems and scale predictably. We are a distributed company
with a presence across Europe, and on-site teams at our headquarters in the
very center of Paris. Our mission is to build and integrate solutions for
our customers to support insight discovery and science. If you'd love the
opportunity and the space to solve hard problems shoot us an email at
jobs@tweag.io.

[1]: http://www.tweag.io/
[2]: http://haskell-distributed.github.io/
[3]: http://tweag.github.io/HaskellR/