* [Caml-list] inconsistent assumptions over interface [...]
@ 2012-01-16  9:28 Francois Berenger
From: Francois Berenger @ 2012-01-16  9:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hello,

When I run:
$> ocamlfind ocamlopt -package batteries -linkpkg -o test_logger
    biocaml_logger.ml test_logger.ml
I get:
File "test_logger.ml", line 1, characters 0-1:
Error: Files biocaml_logger.cmx
        and /usr/local/godi/lib/ocaml/pkg-lib/batteries/batteries_uni.cmxa
        make inconsistent assumptions over interface BatLogger

This message is not very clear to me.
How can I troubleshoot this further?

Should I look for some duplicated mli files somewhere?

In despair, I tried:
$> make clean ; make depend ; make
without any improvement. :(

Thanks for any help,
Francois.

* Re: [Caml-list] inconsistent assumptions over interface [...]
@ 2012-01-16  9:54 ` Gabriel Scherer
From: Gabriel Scherer @ 2012-01-16  9:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Francois Berenger; +Cc: caml-list

This means that biocaml and batteries interface with different
compiled versions of BatLogger. The solution is most likely to
recompile on biocaml's side, so that it gets uptodate with
batteries-side change. Assuming, of course, that you use Batteries's
BatLogger directly instead of duplicating the code locally (in which
case you have a problem at version desynchronization).

@ 2012-01-16 18:29 ` Ashish Agarwal
From: Ashish Agarwal @ 2012-01-16 18:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Francois Berenger; +Cc: caml-list

Re-compile, and re-install biocaml. That should fix it.

@ 2012-01-17  1:31   ` Francois Berenger
From: Francois Berenger @ 2012-01-17  1:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

On 01/16/2012 06:54 PM, Gabriel Scherer wrote:
> This means that biocaml and batteries interface with different
> compiled versions of BatLogger. The solution is most likely to
> recompile on biocaml's side, so that it gets uptodate with
> batteries-side change. Assuming, of course, that you use Batteries's
> BatLogger directly instead of duplicating the code locally (in which
> case you have a problem at version desynchronization).

There was a local copy of batLogger.ml in my source tree.
I removed it and everything works fine.

Thanks! :)