* [Caml-list] new project for an OCaml community website
@ 2011-07-18 14:19 Ashish Agarwal
From: Ashish Agarwal @ 2011-07-18 14:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Caml List

Dear OCaml List,

An effort to build a new modern website for the OCaml community was
announced at the User Meeting in April. We now have a project on the forge
and welcome you to join. There are several ways to be involved:

Join the mailing list [1] for developers, which will be used to discuss
implementation of the site, including coding matters and decisions about
content. Discussions requiring input from the broader community will still
be posted to the main list.

Become a developer by clicking the "Request to join" link [2]. Developers
are those who will actively write code for the site, and at first developers
will also be writing the bulk of the content. Eventually, we hope the
community will add content directly on the site via wiki like features. Our
plan is to implement the site in Ocsigen, so this is a great opportunity to
learn about this exciting new set of tools for OCaml.

Suggest ideas to the development team. We are maintaing an ideas file [3]
listing our desired features. Please review it, and give us your feedback.

[2] https://forge.ocamlcore.org/projects/ocamlweb/
[3]
https://forge.ocamlcore.org/scm/viewvc.php/trunk/IDEAS.org?view=markup&root=ocamlweb

Thank you.

* Re: [Caml-list] new project for an OCaml community website
@ 2011-07-18 14:26 ` Mehdi Dogguy
From: Mehdi Dogguy @ 2011-07-18 14:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ashish Agarwal; +Cc: Caml List

On 18/07/2011 16:19, Ashish Agarwal wrote:
> [2] https://forge.ocamlcore.org/projects/ocamlweb/

It would have been nice to pick a non-already-used-name for this project.
(Just to not confuse search engines, users, and so on…) Are you aware of
[2bis]?

[2bis] http://www.lri.fr/~filliatr/ocamlweb/
aka. ocamlweb — a literate programming tool for Objective Caml.

Kind Regards,

--
Mehdi Dogguy مهدي الدڤي
http://dogguy.org/

* Re: [Caml-list] new project for an OCaml community website
@ 2011-07-18 14:31   ` Ashish Agarwal
From: Ashish Agarwal @ 2011-07-18 14:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mehdi Dogguy; +Cc: Caml List