* [Caml-list] How to test a repository using OPAM?
@ 2016-12-31  9:41 Malcolm Matalka
From: Malcolm Matalka @ 2016-12-31  9:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

I'm setting up testing infrastructure for some of my repositories and
I'm running into a bit of an issue.  My setup looks like:

1. Update the standard opam-repository

2. Upgrade any dependencies (I want to know if I break against the
bleeding edge

3. Automatically generate an OPAM package for my repository.

4. opam install --deps-only -t my-package

5. make tests

The -t is in step 4 because I need the testing dependencies for
my-package in order to run the tests.  The problem I have is that the -t
runs the tests for all packages it installs.  I tried doing the install
in two steps, the first without the -t and the second with, but that
doesn't solve the problem because it installs testing libraries for all
deps and runs those tests.  In my case, I depend on Ctypes which depends
on Lwt for testing and the Lwt tests take far too long.

Is there a way to tell opam to only install the testing libraries needed
to test but to not test?  On top of that, can I tell it to only install
the testing libraries needed for the package I want to install and not
its dependencies?

Thanks,
/Malcolm

* Re: [Caml-list] How to test a repository using OPAM?
@ 2017-01-02 22:23 ` Ashish Agarwal
From: Ashish Agarwal @ 2017-01-02 22:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Malcolm Matalka; +Cc: Caml List