* [Caml-list] findlib gives warning that compiler doesn't
@ 2015-08-04 20:49 Ashish Agarwal
From: Ashish Agarwal @ 2015-08-04 20:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Caml List

With the file structure shown below, assume you're in directory libb. Then:

$ ocamlc -I ../liba -c a.ml
(* no warnings *)

$ ocamlfind ocamlc -I ../liba -c a.ml
findlib: [WARNING] Interface a.cmi occurs in several directories: ., ../liba

Why does findlib do an extra check that the compiler is okay with? This is
causing problems in a project where I'd like to build several packed
libraries, and one reason for doing so is precisely to reuse module names.
Am I going about this wrong? My goal is that within libb, the only module
from liba that should be visible is Liba.

├── liba
│   ├── a.cmi
│   ├── a.cmo
│   ├── a.ml