* [Caml-list] inconsistent assumptions over interface
@ 2015-04-27 14:39 Ashish Agarwal
From: Ashish Agarwal @ 2015-04-27 14:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Caml List

The error "inconsistent assumptions over interface" has always been due to
a build artifact not being updated after upgrading some library. Rebuilding
one's files from scratch always solves the problem. However, I'm in a
situation where I've recompiled everything from scratch many times, but I
reproducibly get the error below. Does anyone know what else I should look
for?

It's Eliom related, though I don't know why that would matter.

# Error: The files ~/.opam/4.02.1/lib/eliom/client/eliom_pervasives.cmi
#        and ../_server/foo.cmi make inconsistent assumptions
#        over interface Eliommod_parameters
# *** omake: targets were not rebuilt because of errors:
#    _build/lib/_client/foo.cmi
#       depends on: _build/lib/foo.eliom
#    _build/lib/_client/foo.cmo

@ 2018-04-22 14:53 Yann Hamdaoui
From: Yann Hamdaoui @ 2018-04-22 14:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Caml List

Dear list,

I ran into a problem today while compiling a library of mine. I got the
following error :

"Error: The files [...]/.opam/4.06.0/lib/re/re.cmi and src/format.cmi
make inconsistent assumptions over interface Format".

After a quick search it should be solved by cleaning everything and make
a fresh build. In my case it didn't, and I suspect this is because I
declared a module named Format in my lib which clashes with the
Pervasive.Format that seems to be used by the re library (which is a
dependence). Does it mean that I can't use any XXX as a module name if
it already exists in Pervasives and is used by some library I depend on ?

Y.H