* [Caml-list] [ANN[ Core Suite 113.24.00
@ 2016-02-03 15:23 Jeremie Dimino
From: Jeremie Dimino @ 2016-02-03 15:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ocaml-core, caml-list

I am pleased to announce the 113.24.00 release of the Core suite.

It has been 4 month and a half since the last release, so there are
lots of new things in this release. Thankfully we now have a better
release system and can go back to more frequent releases.

All packages are now in opam and the API documentation is here:

  https://ocaml.janestreet.com/ocaml-core/113.24/doc/

[Note: if you run into trouble while running "opam upgrade", try "opam
upgrade core" instead. A PR has been submitted to fix this]

Notable changes:

* This is the first release completely camlp4 free!

  Especially some problems with the initial release of our ppx
  rewriters have been fixed which make them more usable.

  As a side effect of moving from camlp4 to ppx_driver, compilation
  times have improved. From a fresh `opam init` in both case:

      $ time opam install -y core.113.00.00
      [...]
      real 6m17.875s
      user 5m26.374s
      sys  1m10.039s

      $ time opam install -y core.113.24.00
      [...]
      real 3m16.900s
      user 3m9.860s
      sys  0m53.335s

* We started to handle API upgrades in a more disciplined way by using
  `[@deprecated]` attributes. This should help with incompatible
  changes in our libraries

* Addition of a few ppx rewriters:

  - ppx_expect, a Cram like framework for OCaml
  - ppx_let, for monadic/applicative let bindings
  - ppx_sexp_message, similar to ppx_sexp_value, but more "message" oriented

  We are still making adjustments in ppx_let and ppx_expect so their
  usage might slightly change in the next release.

  More information can be found on the github project pages:

  - https://github.com/janestreet/ppx_expect
  - https://github.com/janestreet/ppx_let
  - https://github.com/janestreet/ppx_sexp_message

The full changelog for this release can be found here:

  https://ocaml.janestreet.com/ocaml-core/113.24/CHANGES.html

This is the full list of packages added/modified:

- async
- async_extended
- async_extra
- async_find
- async_inotify
- async_kernel
- async_parallel
- async_rpc_kernel
- async_shell
- async_smtp
- async_ssl
- async_unix
- bignum
- bin_prot
- core
- core_bench
- core_extended
- core_kernel
- core_profiler
- email_message
- fieldslib
- incremental
- jenga
- ocaml_plugin
- patdiff
- patience_diff
- ppx_assert
- ppx_bench
- ppx_bin_prot
- ppx_compare
- ppx_conv_func
- ppx_core
- ppx_csv_conv
- ppx_custom_printf
- ppx_driver
- ppx_enumerate
- ppx_expect
- ppx_fail
- ppx_fields_conv
- ppx_here
- ppx_inline_test
- ppx_jane
- ppx_let
- ppx_optcomp
- ppx_pipebang
- ppx_sexp_conv
- ppx_sexp_message
- ppx_sexp_value
- ppx_type_conv
- ppx_typerep_conv
- ppx_variants_conv
- ppx_xml_conv
- re2
- rpc_parallel
- sexplib
- textutils
- typerep
- typerep_extended
- variantslib

--
Jeremie Dimino, for the Core team

* Re: [Caml-list] [ANN[ Core Suite 113.24.00
@ 2016-02-11 12:02 ` Jeremie Dimino
From: Jeremie Dimino @ 2016-02-11 12:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ocaml-core, caml-list