* [Caml-list] ocamldoc option with oasis
@ 2012-01-14 19:47 Philippe Veber
       [not found] ` <20120114.210459.1431907109936403821.Christophe.Troestler@umons.ac.be>
From: Philippe Veber @ 2012-01-14 19:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml users

Dear camlers,

Is there a way to pass an option (in my case -charset utf8) to ocamldoc
when using oasis? Said differently, I'd like to customize the command used
by oasis to generate the target of a Document section.

Cheers,
  Philippe.

* Re: [Caml-list] ocamldoc option with oasis
       [not found] ` <20120114.210459.1431907109936403821.Christophe.Troestler@umons.ac.be>
@ 2012-01-14 21:01   ` Philippe Veber
From: Philippe Veber @ 2012-01-14 21:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

2012/1/14 Christophe TROESTLER <Christophe.Troestler@umons.ac.be>

> On Sat, 14 Jan 2012 20:47:17 +0100, Philippe Veber wrote:
> >
> > Is there a way to pass an option (in my case -charset utf8) to ocamldoc
> > when using oasis? Said differently, I'd like to customize the command
> used
> > by oasis to generate the target of a Document section.
>
> This was discussed some time ago but I am not sure whether it was
> implemented.  You can use a custom generator to achieve the same thing
> however.
>
> class gen =
> object(self)
>  inherit Odoc_html.html
>
>  initializer
>    character_encoding <-
>      "<meta content=\"text/html; charset=utf-8\" \
>        http-equiv=\"Content-Type\">\n"
> end
>
> let () =
>  Odoc_args.set_doc_generator (Some(new gen :> Odoc_args.doc_generator))
>
> Best,
> C.

Thank you Christophe for this quick answer. I had found the thread you
mention:

http://caml.inria.fr/pub/ml-archives/caml-list/2010/06/5a947fba35df60a35bdc89a4bea1a869.fr.html

and could check that Maxence Guesdon indeed added a -charset option, to
make this process easier. However, I'm under the impression that the
problem remains: I have to tell oasis to use ocamldoc with the custom
generator, which requires to customize the ocamldoc command. Did I miss
something?
Thanks again,
ph.

* Re: [Caml-list] ocamldoc option with oasis
@ 2012-01-14 21:11     ` Török Edwin
From: Török Edwin @ 2012-01-14 21:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

On 01/14/2012 11:01 PM, Philippe Veber wrote:
> 2012/1/14 Christophe TROESTLER<Christophe.Troestler@umons.ac.be>
>
>> On Sat, 14 Jan 2012 20:47:17 +0100, Philippe Veber wrote:
>>>
>>> Is there a way to pass an option (in my case -charset utf8) to ocamldoc
>>> when using oasis? Said differently, I'd like to customize the command
>> used
>>> by oasis to generate the target of a Document section.
>>
>> This was discussed some time ago but I am not sure whether it was
>> implemented.  You can use a custom generator to achieve the same thing
>> however.
>>
>> class gen =
>> object(self)
>>   inherit Odoc_html.html
>>
>>   initializer
>>     character_encoding<-
>>       "<meta content=\"text/html; charset=utf-8\" \
>>         http-equiv=\"Content-Type\">\n"
>> end
>>
>> let () =
>>   Odoc_args.set_doc_generator (Some(new gen :>  Odoc_args.doc_generator))
>>
>> Best,
>> C.
>>
> Thank you Christophe for this quick answer. I had found the thread you
> mention:
>
> http://caml.inria.fr/pub/ml-archives/caml-list/2010/06/5a947fba35df60a35bdc89a4bea1a869.fr.html
>
> and could check that Maxence Guesdon indeed added a -charset option, to
> make this process easier. However, I'm under the impression that the
> problem remains: I have to tell oasis to use ocamldoc with the custom
> generator, which requires to customize the ocamldoc command. Did I miss
> something?
> Thanks again,
> ph.

You can add flags to the ocamldoc command by adding something like to the end
of your myocamlbuild.ml:

Ocamlbuild_plugin.dispatch (function
| After_rules as e ->
     flag ["doc"; "ocaml"] &
     (S[A"-colorize-code";A"-stars";A"-charset";A"utf8"]);

     dispatch_default e
| e ->
     dispatch_default e)
;;

Maybe oasis could offer a way to do this automatically (XocamlbuildFlags?).

Best regards,
--Edwin

* Re: [Caml-list] ocamldoc option with oasis
@ 2012-01-15  7:51       ` Philippe Veber
From: Philippe Veber @ 2012-01-15  7:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Török Edwin; +Cc: caml-list