* [Caml-list] Celebrating a round number of pull requests for the compiler distribution
@ 2017-01-30 16:47 Gabriel Scherer
From: Gabriel Scherer @ 2017-01-30 16:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml users

Dear caml-list,

The number of pull requests (change proposals) on the
github/ocaml/ocaml repository reached a nice round number in the
favorite number base of some of you during this month of January 2016:

  https://github.com/ocaml/ocaml/pull/1000
    (Improvements to afl-fuzz support, Stephen Dolan)

  https://github.com/ocaml/ocaml/pull/1024
    (Extend the testsuite to test installations, David Allsopp)

We started accepting github Pull Requests on January 30, 2014, as part
of a general effort by the developers of the OCaml compiler
distribution to encourage and better handle external contributions. It
is of course difficult (and not terribly important) to judge the
impact of Github in particular in enabling the diverse contributions
we received since then, but having round numbers is a good reason to
celebrate.

(I should point out that any help reviewing the pull requests is
appreciated, and the accelerated rate of changes also came with a few
irritating regressions in the last couple major releases. We are
trying to fight back against regressions; any help in testing the new
releases during their alpha and beta periods are much appreciated.)

Many thanks to the contributors to the compiler distribution (through
patches but also the equally important, bug reports, documentation,
communication, etc.), and to any of the nice and interesting projects
built within our friendly OCaml community.

Happy hacking.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2017-01-30 16:48 UTC | newest]