* [Caml-list] New ocamlbuild manual -- a usable draft
@ 2015-09-12 19:23 Gabriel Scherer
From: Gabriel Scherer @ 2015-09-12 19:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml users

Hi all,

In August 2013 I started working on-and-off (mostly off) on a new
ocamlbuild manual, given that many users were not satisfied with the
existing documentation.

  https://github.com/gasche/manual-ocamlbuild/blob/master/manual.md

The project is now reaching a state where I think it should be usable
by any ocamlbuild user as a documentation starting point. I am
thinking of "releasing" it in the following weeks/months by pushing it
in a more authoritative place than a personal github repository.

More than ever, I am highly interested in feedback and contributions
on this manual.

(I think the manual still lacks some content that I initially planned
to include. In particular, I would like to eventually have a skeleton
of example of a project with a non-trivial mix of C and OCaml code. I
myself don't know much about these so I didn't delay a "release" for
it.)

In the course of writing this manual I have done some improvements to
ocamlbuild's auto-documentation engine (the -documentation
command-line flag) to support parametrized flags, which are not part
of a released ocamlbuild version (feedback welcome on
https://github.com/ocaml/ocaml/pull/231 ) and extended some of the
.mli documentation (to which Cristophe Troestler had already made
great contributions, PR#5243) with examples of tags/rules declarations
for plugin authors.

Happy builds.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2015-09-12 19:24 UTC | newest]