* [Caml-list] unnamed records in match on multiple constructors
@ 2016-12-15 14:12 Gabriel Mayr
From: Gabriel Mayr @ 2016-12-15 14:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hi,   I'm using utop version 1.19.3 (using OCaml version 4.03.0).   Using an NAMED record in a type definition and afterwards match on multiple constructors WORKS:  # type a = {i:int};; #type t = A of a | B of a;; # let x = A {i=10};; # match x with
| A e | B e -> print_int e.i;;      Using an UNNAMED record in a type definition and afterwards match on multiple constructors DOES NOT WORK: # type t = A of {i:int} | B of {i:int};; # let x = A {i=10};; # match x with
| A e | B e -> print_int e.i;;
"Error: The variable e on the left-hand side of this or-pattern has type t.A but on the right-hand side it has type t.B"       I don't know if this is behaviour of OCaml is desired or it's a fault.   Hope I could help you with this little hint.   Best regards,   Gabriel

FreeMail powered by mail.de - MEHR SICHERHEIT, SERIOSITÄT UND KOMFORT

* Re: [Caml-list] unnamed records in match on multiple constructors
@ 2016-12-15 15:08 ` Gabriel Scherer
From: Gabriel Scherer @ 2016-12-15 15:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gabriel Mayr; +Cc: caml users