* [Caml-list] Announce: CamlFloat
@ 2004-01-21 19:20 Shivkumar Chandrasekaran
From: Shivkumar Chandrasekaran @ 2004-01-21 19:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

We are glad to announce the first release of CamlFloat. CamlFloat is a
highly stylized OCaml interface to Lapack and Blas. This interface
tries to make numerical linear algebra programs look like they were
written in the conventional linear algebra mathematics notation,
without sacrificing speed or memory efficiency. It also tries to
insulate the user from the convoluted and bug-prone interface provided
by Lapack.

The design borrows a lot from Matlab, but tries to stick to the OCaml
way of doing things. Some parts might take some getting used to. The
library has been used extensively to code, test and time our own
research algorithms. So it is battle-hardened to some extent. User
feedback is welcome.

The package can be obtained from http://math.ucsb.edu/~lyons/camlFloat/

Enjoy,

Shivkumar Chandrasekaran