* [Caml-list] OCaml Users and Developers Workshop 2018: Call for presentations
@ 2018-05-19  9:26 Andrew Kennedy
From: Andrew Kennedy @ 2018-05-19  9:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

We warmly invite submissions to the OCaml Users and Developers Workshop 2018,
to be held during the ICFP conference week on Thursday, September 27th in
St. Louis, Missouri, USA.

https://icfp18.sigplan.org/track/ocaml-2018-papers#Call-for-Contributions

Scope
-----

Presentations and discussions will focus on the OCaml programming language and
its community. We solicit talks on all aspects related to improving the use or
development of the language and its programming environment, including, for
example (but not limited to):
* compiler developments, new backends, runtime and architectures
* practical type system improvements, such as (but not limited to) GADTs,
  first-class modules, generic programming, or dependent types
* new library or application releases, and their design rationales
* tools and infrastructure services, and their enhancements
* prominent industrial or experimental uses of OCaml, or deployments
  in unusual situations.

Presentations
-------------

The OCaml Users and Developers Workshop will be an informal meeting with no
formal proceedings. The presentation material will be available online from
the workshop homepage. The presentations may be recorded, and made available
at a later time. The main presentation format is a workshop talk, traditionally
around 20 minutes in length, plus question time, but we also have a poster session
during the workshop - this allows to present more diverse work, and gives time
for discussion. The program committee will decide which presentations should be
delivered as posters or talks.

Submission
----------

To submit a presentation, please register a description of the talk (up to 4
pages long) at https://ocaml18.hotcrp.com/ providing a clear statement of what
will be provided by the presentation: the problems that are addressed, the
solutions or methods that are proposed. LaTeX-produced PDFs are a common and
welcome submission format. For accessibility purposes, we ask PDF submitters to
also provide the sources of their submission in a textual format, such as .tex
sources. Reviewers may read either the submitted PDF or the text version.

Important dates
---------------

Thursday 31st May (any time zone): Abstract submission deadline
Thursday 28th June: Author notification
Thursday 27th September 2018: OCaml Workshop

ML family workshop and post-proceedings
---------------------------------------
The ML family workshop, held on the previous day, deals with general issues of
the ML-style programming and type systems, focuses on more research-oriented work
that is less specific to a language in particular (OCaml). There is an overlap
between the two workshops, and we have occasionally transferred presentations
from one to the other in the past. The authors who feel their submission fits
both workshops are encouraged to mention it at submission time and/or contact
the Program Chairs.

We are planning to publish combined post-proceedings and to invite interested
authors of selected presentations to expand their abstracts for inclusion.

Program committee
-----------------
Andrew Kennedy, Facebook, UK (chair)
Stephen Dolan, University of Cambridge, UK
Clark Gaebel, Jane Street,
Nicolás Ojeda Bär, LexiFi, France
Jonathan Protzenko, Microsoft Research, USA
Gabriel Scherer, INRIA, France
Kanae Tsushima, National Institute of Informatics, Japan
John Whitington, University of Leicester, UK

Questions and contact

* RE: [Caml-list] OCaml Users and Developers Workshop 2018: Call for presentations
@ 2018-05-29 11:14 ` Andrew Kennedy
From: Andrew Kennedy @ 2018-05-29 11:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

This is just a reminder that the deadline for submissions to the OCaml Users and Developers Workshop 2018 is coming up shortly, on 31 May.

A typical submission is just two pages describing a proposed presentation, so please do consider submitting!
Thanks, and apologies for the duplication,

Andrew Kennedy (PC chair)