* [Caml-list] [ANN] ocsigen-bundler v0.1.0: Create self-contained Ocsigen server
@ 2011-03-04 13:17 Sylvain Le Gall
From: Sylvain Le Gall @ 2011-03-04 13:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list, ocsigen

This project helps to create self contained Ocsigen web server with its Eliom
modules. It is a mean to easily deploy an Ocsigen server on a server without
OCaml or Ocsigen installed.

One of its main use is to deploy Ocsigen application on ocamlcore.org. Here is
a list of some of them:

- [OASIS](http://oasis.ocamlcore.org)
- [OCaml Meeting](http://ocaml-meeting.forge.ocamlcore.org/2011-paris/reg_view)
- [OCamlCore API test](http://ocamlcore-api.forge.ocamlcore.org)

Homepage:
http://forge.ocamlcore.org/projects/ocsigen-bundler

Get source code:
$ darcs get http://darcs.ocamlcore.org/repos/ocsigen-bundler

Browse source code:
http://darcs.ocamlcore.org/cgi-bin/darcsweb.cgi?r=ocsigen-bundler/ocsigen-bundler;a=summary

Download:
http://oasis.ocamlcore.org/dev/dist/ocsigen-bundler/0.1.0/ocsigen-bundler-0.1.0.tar.gz

Cheers
Sylvain Le Gall

* [Caml-list] Re: [Ocsigen] [ANN] ocsigen-bundler v0.1.0: Create self-contained Ocsigen server
@ 2011-03-30 23:17 ` yoann padioleau
From: yoann padioleau @ 2011-03-30 23:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ocsigen, Sylvain Le Gall; +Cc: caml-list

I've created something with a similar goal here:
 https://github.com/aryx/fork-ocsigen
 https://github.com/aryx/fork-ocsigen/blob/master/pad.txt

Basically it's a battery-included gitbug-enabled source distribution
of ocsigen with arguably cleaner Makefiles
and directory organization.

@ 2011-03-31  8:40   ` Sylvain Le Gall
From: Sylvain Le Gall @ 2011-03-31  8:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yoann padioleau; +Cc: ocsigen, caml-list

Hello,

On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 04:17:41PM -0700, yoann padioleau wrote:
> I've created something with a similar goal here:
>  https://github.com/aryx/fork-ocsigen
>  https://github.com/aryx/fork-ocsigen/blob/master/pad.txt
>
> Basically it's a battery-included gitbug-enabled source distribution
> of ocsigen with arguably cleaner Makefiles
> and directory organization.

I have a quick look at your project, but I don't think it targets
exactly the same goal.

The point of ocsigen-bundler is to copy every .cma/.cmo/executable into
a target directory to be able to rsync them to a remote host.

ocsigen-bundler can be seen as the deploy utilities of ocsigen server.
This is how I use it.

It doesn't include a fork of ocsigen, nor of any libraries not used by the
project you deploy.

> On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 5:17 AM, Sylvain Le Gall <sylvain@le-gall.net> wrote:
> > This project helps to create self contained Ocsigen web server with its Eliom
> > modules. It is a mean to easily deploy an Ocsigen server on a server without
> > OCaml or Ocsigen installed.
> >
> > One of its main use is to deploy Ocsigen application on ocamlcore.org. Here is
> > a list of some of them:
> >
> > - [OASIS](http://oasis.ocamlcore.org)
> > - [OCaml Meeting](http://ocaml-meeting.forge.ocamlcore.org/2011-paris/reg_view)
> > - [OCamlCore API test](http://ocamlcore-api.forge.ocamlcore.org)