* [Caml-list] Acunu is hiring!
@ 2011-01-27 12:18 Tom Wilkie
From: Tom Wilkie @ 2011-01-27 12:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list; +Cc: Tom Wilkie

Sorry if this is not relevant...

http://www.acunu.com/jobs/management-framework-lead/

Acunu is looking for a team lead for our OCaml Management Framework!  Location is London, start date is immediately, salary is competitive + options + benefits.  If anyone is interested, email me a CV and cover letter.

Thanks

Tom

The Acunu Management Framework aims to simplify the deployment, configuration, management and monitoring of whole Acunu clusters. It comprises a series of daemons written in OCaml running on each node that export open JSON APIs and an AJAX “thick client” web interface.  We're looking for a Team Lead for this framework who will be an Unix developer, a master of several key languages, and have experience building both web UIs and distributed systems. You'll be a great hacker that can inspire other great hackers.

Acunu is reengineering the Linux storage stack from the ground up for Big Data applications. The 1980s assumptions that many of today's databases and file systems rely on are no longer appropriate for modern machine architectures, storage technology and Big Data applications. The Acunu Storage Platform combines an open, fast, flexible in kernel storage engine based on patented algorithms along with a powerful management stack and web interface for scale out deployment and cluster management. The first deployment of the storage platform will be used to power Cassandra and an S3 compatible store.

Acunu was founded in 2009 and is backed by some of Europe's top VC funds. We currently have a world  class engineering team of 15 and we're looking for the brightest, smartest people who want to make a difference. We pride ourselves on being a startup that does both world class research (we publish and patent) and real world product engineering. We offer great salaries, a benefits package including share options and a stimulating and fun environment. For more information, visit www.acunu.com

Key Responsibilities

•	Developing – and helping others to develop – high quality code to a consistent schedule and tight deadlines
•	Lead the planning and architecture roles within the team
•	Team management duties including code reviews, interviews, hiring and performance reviews
•	Collaboration with the wider Engineering team and the Open Source Community and upstream developers where appropriate

Skills and Experience

•	A Bachelors or higher degree in Computer Science or other technical discipline
•	Evidence you can motivate, understand and be respected by other developers
•	Experience designing and architecting complex systems, particularly distributed systems
•	Experience working as part of a team on large code bases across multiple languages
•	Familiarity with functional programming, particularly OCaml
•	Experience with Java, C, Python, Javascript, jQuery and Mercurial would be an advantage
•	A good understanding of software engineering principles and Agile development
•	Familiarity with Linux, open source development tools and methodology

only message in thread, other threads:[~2011-01-27 12:18 UTC | newest]