* [Caml-list]  Re: [Caml-list] Question/Feature request about Camlidl andcomments]
@ 2003-07-30  6:42 matthieu.dubuget
From: matthieu.dubuget @ 2003-07-30  6:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

>Depending on what you base your ocamldoc generation,
>use either ml or mli. Since i think mli is the best
>place to do it i will use it :

>quote(mli,"(** This is a ocamldoc comment *)");

>int my_function ( [string] const char * msg );

>Simple !

I should have explained in detail what I was trying to do.

I did an attempt to do what you are suggesting. The problem
is that it seems difficult to control where the comments
will appear in the generated mli files.

For example, if I try
quote(mli,"** This is a module *)"); at the very beginning
of my idl file in order to generate a comment to be
associated with the whole module, the string appears between
types definitions and functions definitions, which is not
what we need to conform to ocamldoc. An other point was that
I wanted to comment also the elements of enums.

I may have the time to look at camlidl source code during my
holidays...

Salutations

Matthieu Dubuget

* RE: [Caml-list] Re: [Caml-list] Question/Feature request about Camlidl andcomments]
@ 2003-07-30  7:53 ` BdB
From: BdB @ 2003-07-30  7:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: matthieu.dubuget, caml-list

Not solving your problem here, but wouldn't it be more consistent to use a
literate programming tool for IDL? After all, your IDL component may or may
not be implemented in O'CaML...

http://register.tiscali.fr/adsl/
Offre soumise à conditions.