* [Caml-list] 3D with Graphics-module?
@ 2002-05-20 22:38 Oliver Bandel
From: Oliver Bandel @ 2002-05-20 22:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hello,

does it make sense to write 3D-animation-programs
with the Graphics-module?

I need a realtime animation of a human body,
but it is not necessary to have details like
in charcter-animation.
It's only needed to have an animation of a dance-movement,
so it's sufficient to see the the body/torso/limbs/...
...but the viewing point should be possibly changed via
mouse.

Does the graphics-module and ocaml's floating-point-performance
provide enough performance?

You may know the "walker" example of the Mesa-Library
(OpenGL-clone under Linux).
I need 3D-movments of the body/Limbs, but it would be
sufficient to have similar graphics.

The application will run under G4-processor (PPC-linux).

Do you think the graphics-module provides enough
power and performance?
Or will it be necessary to use OpenGL-Libs for Ocaml?

(If possible I would choose the Graphics-Module, because
the users of the software are not computer-experienced and
every addittional administration will cause problems, I think...)

Are there 3D-animation examples with the Graphics-module
available, so that I can estimate the perfromance?

TIA,
  Oliver

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-05-21  7:12 UTC | newest]