* [Caml-list] Apache ocaml_mod?
@ 2002-06-02 18:50 Vincent Foley
From: Vincent Foley @ 2002-06-02 18:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is anyone working on such a mod?  Seeing how Ocaml had a MySQL binding,
I was thinking of maybe doing a school project with that (a web-based
application for declaring accidents happening in a manufacture).

Vincent

--

Vincent Foley-Bourgon
Email: vinfoley@iquebec.com

* Re: [Caml-list] Apache ocaml_mod?
@ 2002-06-03 15:29 ` Oliver Bandel
From: Oliver Bandel @ 2002-06-03 15:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, 2 Jun 2002, Vincent Foley wrote:

> Is anyone working on such a mod?  Seeing how Ocaml had a MySQL binding,
> I was thinking of maybe doing a school project with that (a web-based
> application for declaring accidents happening in a manufacture).

If such a module (for apache) would exist, it should/would be named
mod_ocaml, not ocaml_mod.
But this only makes sense for scripting languages, because
you are always able to start an executable directly. This
can be an ocaml-program too.
If you have a mod_perl, then the advantage of this is, that
you can start perl-code without relaunching the application
every time again; and the problem of relaunching a perl-script
over and over again is, that there is a compilation of the
script, every time you start it.
With mod_perl, the scripts will not be recompiled again,
because it can be eval'd.

Ciao,
   Oliver