* [Caml-list] PXP-1.1.4 released
@ 2002-03-15 22:34 Gerd Stolpmann
From: Gerd Stolpmann @ 2002-03-15 22:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hi list,

there is a new bugfix release of PXP, the Polymorphic XML Parser:

- The parser does no longer show very bad performance when large data nodes
  without linefeeds are parsed.
- Another performance problem with bigger DTDs has been solved, too.
  Especially, the XHTML DTD can now be parsed quite quickly.
- The interface Pxp_dtd.Entity has been extended, it is now possible to access
  more properties of entities than before.
- Pxp_marshal has been revised. It is now possible to recode the input or
  output stream on the fly in order to change the character encoding.
- Furthermore, the functions relocate_subtree and relocate_document allows one
  to marshal an XML tree or a document, and to read the marshaled data
  immediately to create a copy of the original structure.
- Some errors have been fixed in from_file. Especially, this function will no
  longer raise the exception Malformed_URL if the current working directory
  happens to be "/".
- Pxp_document.strip_whitespace implements xml:space now correctly. In
  previous versions, xml:space='default' was ignored when it occurred inside
  an element with xml:space='preserve'. Now the inner xml:space='default'
  overrides the outer xml:space='preserve' as defined in the XML standard.

I hope this release makes some people happier, especially concerning the
performance improvements.

More information about the parser is available under
http://www.ocaml-programming.de/packages/documentation/pxp

The new release can be downloaded from
http://www.ocaml-programming.de/packages/pxp-1.1.4.tar.gz

Gerd

* Re: [Caml-list] PXP-1.1.4 released
@ 2002-03-16  7:13 ` malc
From: malc @ 2002-03-16  7:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gerd Stolpmann; +Cc: caml-list

On Fri, 15 Mar 2002, Gerd Stolpmann wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> there is a new bugfix release of PXP, the Polymorphic XML Parser:
[snip]
> I hope this release makes some people happier, especially concerning the
> performance improvements.
Yes, thank you :)

--
mailto:malc@pulsesoft.com