* [Caml-list] sig
@ 2011-10-07 16:57 Walter Cazzola
From: Walter Cazzola @ 2011-10-07 16:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear all,
sorry for being so dumb but I've still problems with types and the sig
syntax.

I'm trying to write a Graph ADT:

  module type GraphADT =
    sig
       type 'a graph
       val EmptyGraph : 'a graph

       val AddNode : 'a * 'a graph -> 'a graph
    end;;

but when I try to evaluate it I get:

   Syntax error: 'end' expected, the highlighted 'sig' might be unmatched

pointing to the row inbetween type and the first val but I don't
understand why and how to solve it.

Any help is welcome as always

TIA
Walter

* Re: [Caml-list] sig
@ 2011-10-07 17:00 ` Vincent Aravantinos
From: Vincent Aravantinos @ 2011-10-07 17:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

values should start with a low case char: EmptyGraph -> emptyGraph,
AddNode -> addNode

Le 7 oct. 11 à 12:57, Walter Cazzola a écrit :

> Dear all,
> sorry for being so dumb but I've still problems with types and the sig
> syntax.
>
> I'm trying to write a Graph ADT:
>
> module type GraphADT =
>   sig
>      type 'a graph
>      val EmptyGraph : 'a graph
>
>      val AddNode : 'a * 'a graph -> 'a graph
>   end;;
>
> but when I try to evaluate it I get:
>
>  Syntax error: 'end' expected, the highlighted 'sig' might be
> unmatched
>
> pointing to the row inbetween type and the first val but I don't
> understand why and how to solve it.
>
> Any help is welcome as always
>
> TIA
> Walter
> --
>
> --

* Re: [Caml-list] sig
@ 2011-10-07 20:46 ` Stefano Zacchiroli
From: Stefano Zacchiroli @ 2011-10-07 20:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

On Fri, Oct 07, 2011 at 06:57:54PM +0200, Walter Cazzola wrote:
> Dear all, sorry for being so dumb but I've still problems with types
> and the sig syntax.

No problem, it's always nice to help new people discovering the mighty
OCaml :)  As a heads-up, there is also a very helpful beginner's list,
documented in the trailer of every message posted to this list:

You might want to try it out as well.

Happy OCaml-ing!
Cheers.

* Re: [Caml-list] sig
@ 2011-10-09 14:18   ` Walter Cazzola
From: Walter Cazzola @ 2011-10-09 14:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 7 Oct 2011, Vincent Aravantinos wrote:

> values should start with a low case char: EmptyGraph -> emptyGraph, AddNode
> -> addNode

what a silly thing, you are right, thank you

Walter

--
Walter Cazzola, PhD - Associate Professor, DICo, University of Milano
E-mail: cazzola@dico.unimi.it  Ph.: +39 02 503 16300  Fax: +39 02 503 16253

* Re: [Caml-list] sig
@ 2011-10-09 15:16   ` Walter Cazzola
From: Walter Cazzola @ 2011-10-09 15:16 UTC (permalink / raw)