* [Caml-list] linking of stublibs with bytecode target
@ 2017-07-19 19:09 Olaf Hering
From: Olaf Hering @ 2017-07-19 19:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

In the openSUSE OCaml project there is a repository which builds just
bytecode, as a sanity check. Since the upgrade of oasis from 0.4.6
to 0.4.9 the shared stublibs are not built anymore, so I had to hide
them from the filelist. This works for most packages, only
google-drive-ocamlfuse and virt-top fail to build now. During linking
ocamlc still tries to access *_stubs.so files, like:

[   18s] ocamlfind ocamlc -package unix,extlib,curses,str,libvirt -package gettext-stub -package xml-light -package csv -package calendar -g -warn-error A-3-52 -linkpkg -o virt-top virt_top_version.cmo virt_top_gettext.cmo virt_top_utils.cmo virt_top.cmo virt_top_xml.cmo virt_top_csv.cmo virt_top_calendar2.cmo virt_top_main.cmo
[   18s] File "_none_", line 1:
[   18s] Error: Error on dynamically loaded library: dllcurses_stubs.so: dllcurses_stubs.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

[   53s] + /usr/bin/ocamlfind ocamlc -g -linkpkg -package Fuse -package camlidl -package gapi-ocaml -package sqlite3 -package threads -thread -I src src/utils.cmo src/config.cmo src/appDir.cmo src/bufferPool.cmo src/buffering.cmo src/cache.cmo src/concurrentGlobal.cmo src/keyValueStore.cmo src/state.cmo src/threadPool.cmo src/context.cmo src/mime.cmo src/gaeProxy.cmo src/oauth2.cmo src/drive.cmo src/gdfuse.cmo -o src/gdfuse.byte
[   53s] File "_none_", line 1:
[   53s] Error: Error on dynamically loaded library: dllcamlidl_stubs.so: dllcamlidl_stubs.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

It is not clear to me how to address these build failures. I think they
are related to commit 70c197cc4 (" Make OCamlbuild plugin not assume
that dynamic linking is supported."). I assume this change skips the
creation of *_stubs.so libaries. While poking around I noticed that the
ocaml base package still has /usr/lib64/ocaml/stublibs/.

Also it is not clear to me what the bug/patch numbers in the commit
message mean (patch #1536/ bug #1251).

Olaf

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: [Caml-list] linking of stublibs with bytecode target
@ 2017-07-20 14:09 ` Stéphane Glondu
From: Stéphane Glondu @ 2017-07-20 14:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Olaf Hering, caml-list

On 19/07/2017 21:09, Olaf Hering wrote:
> In the openSUSE OCaml project there is a repository which builds just
> bytecode, as a sanity check. Since the upgrade of oasis from 0.4.6
> to 0.4.9 the shared stublibs are not built anymore [...]

This is wrong. Shared stublibs should always be there. It reminds me of
the issue I just encountered with ocaml-extunix:

   https://github.com/ygrek/extunix/issues/23

Shared stublibs were built, but not installed by setup.ml.

Maybe it's a bug in oasis, then.

Cheers,

--
Stéphane