* [Caml-list] Question about linking C++ and OCAML
@ 2003-10-22 19:02 Dan Koppel
From: Dan Koppel @ 2003-10-22 19:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hello all,
  I'm new to OCAML.  I have written C++ code which needs to call a OCAML subroutine (written by somebody else).  I'm using a Windows XP/Pentium 4 system and have the Microsoft Visual C++ compiler.  I was wondering if anybody has experience doing this and could kindly give me some instructions on how to accomplish this.

With much appreciation,
  Dan Koppel
  UCSB, Santa Barbara, California

* Re: [Caml-list] Question about linking C++ and OCAML
@ 2003-10-22 23:25 ` Kamil Shakirov
From: Kamil Shakirov @ 2003-10-22 23:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dan Koppel; +Cc: caml-list

Hello,
"Dan Koppel" <dkoppel11@cox.net> writes:

> Hello all,
>
> I'm new to OCAML.  I have written C++ code which needs to call a
> OCAML subroutine (written by somebody else).  I'm using a Windows
> XP/Pentium 4 system and have the Microsoft Visual C++ compiler.  I
> was wondering if anybody has experience doing this and could kindly
> give me some instructions on how to accomplish this.

You may use the ODLL tool from the http://tech.motion-twin.com/

``ODLL is creating a Win32 DLL from an OCaml library, and
automatically generating the C stubs needed to interface the OCaml
code and the C code and the .H interface. Simply run ODLL with you
CMA/CMXA and one or several CMI interfaces and ODLL will do the job
for you.''

I hope it helps you.

--
Kamil Shakirov